Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

5 hours ago, Georgeous said:

So can male authors only write stories with an all-male cast of characters? At the end of the day, we're all portraying characters. Whether or not people put the time and effort into ensuring that their character is portrayed realistically, irrespective of gender, is something that's down to the individual player. 

Whilst I understand that shared experiences between you and your character might lead to a more realistic portrayal of your character's own experience. It seems so narrow-minded and misguided to limit people's creative freedoms based solely on their gender when people have shown countless times that you don't need to live the same experience as somebody to empathise with and comprehend their situation.

I mean, I never suggested to forbid them from doing so or even mentioned restricting their freedom; I don't know where you got that from.

1 hour ago, Barbary said:

Honestly I think it's a good thing that this server caters as much as it does to civilians instead of LEOs or Crims.

Every RP server I've been on that has a two-side dichotomy ends up throwing what doesn't feed into those two sides out the window eventually. It's dangerous, and over time it effectively has the server devolve into a battleground between those two factions. LEOs or Criminals, Military v Terrorists, CPs v Rebels, so on. Putting primary focus on the neutral faction ensures that the two dichotomies don't dominate.

Agreed!

On 8/9/2022 at 9:58 AM, Colorado Kid said:

There's too many players with high end luxury cars and sports cars. I would like to see more average cars on the road.

True. There's either high end vehicle such as Enus Jubilee's and Comet S2's or there is Asbos and the vehicles you can rent when you first start off. There is rarely just average vehicles around but I think that's down to people's portrayal of their characters. 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, csx said:

True. There's either high end vehicle such as Enus Jubilee's and Comet S2's or there is Asbos and the vehicles you can rent when you first start off. There is rarely just average vehicles around but I think that's down to people's portrayal of their characters. 

Money is easy to come by and owning an expensive vehicle has barely any downsides. Maintenance is mostly irrelevant, insurance is hardly a concern, there's no meaningful depreciation. Until there are some downsides, this isn't going to change.

• Upvote 2
On 8/9/2022 at 1:58 AM, Colorado Kid said:

There's too many players with high end luxury cars and sports cars. I would like to see more average cars on the road.

Honestly, I'm fine with the high end cars that people have. Sure, there's a lot of it, but if people want to drive expensive cars, that's fine by me. The problem I'm more concerned with are the overwhelmingly high amount of "highly-modified" vehicles. 

In real life, most people, even sports car owners, don't go to garages immediately after a vehicle purchase and modify their vehicles to the maximum like GTAW players do. Most people who drive cars in real life aren't car enthusiasts.

But on the server, that's a different story. Too many cars on the server are modified too much. Too many tinted windows, too many cars with best engine and turbo upgrades, too many cars with liveries or non--factory paints on them, way too many cars especially offroad ones with way too extreme modifications done to them, etc. I'm not saying these modifications are bad per se, but it feels like too much of it. Everyone's car on the server is modified with aftermarket parts, even if the character isn't meant to be into cars at all. I feel like regular, unmodded cars, need to be more normalized. 

Honestly, I'd rather have unmodded vehicles be normalized, than less high end vehicles. I genuinely think the over-modding of vehicles is a much bigger immersion problem than the high amount of luxury vehicles.

7 hours ago, Barbary said:

Honestly I think it's a good thing that this server caters as much as it does to civilians instead of LEOs or Crims.

Every RP server I've been on that has a two-side dichotomy ends up throwing what doesn't feed into those two sides out the window eventually. It's dangerous, and over time it effectively has the server devolve into a battleground between those two factions. LEOs or Criminals, Military v Terrorists, CPs v Rebels, so on. Putting primary focus on the neutral faction ensures that the two dichotomies don't dominate.

Literally, all you're doing is repeating a phrase to make it sound meaningful as opposed to contributing to a conversation. 

To be perfectly honest? The server HAS devolved into absolutely a battle-ground of bullshit. But you've offered nothing as far as any solution or focus. I'm right next to you with the absolutely inane posts. But I think you're throwing ice cubes at the sun.

Edited by Ratlady
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, ScarletRose said:

Honestly, I'm fine with the high end cars that people have. Sure, there's a lot of it, but if people want to drive expensive cars, that's fine by me. The problem I'm more concerned with are the overwhelmingly high amount of "highly-modified" vehicles. 

In real life, most people, even sports car owners, don't go to garages immediately after a vehicle purchase and modify their vehicles to the maximum like GTAW players do. Most people who drive cars in real life aren't car enthusiasts.

But on the server, that's a different story. Too many cars on the server are modified too much. Too many tinted windows, too many cars with best engine and turbo upgrades, too many cars with liveries or non--factory paints on them, way too many cars especially offroad ones with way too extreme modifications done to them, etc. I'm not saying these modifications are bad per se, but it feels like too much of it. Everyone's car on the server is modified with aftermarket parts, even if the character isn't meant to be into cars at all. I feel like regular, unmodded cars, need to be more normalized. 

Honestly, I'd rather have unmodded vehicles be normalized, than less high end vehicles. I genuinely think the over-modding of vehicles is a much bigger immersion problem than the high amount of luxury vehicles.

Happens because you can't choose a performance pack when buying a car.

Irl you can choose what kind of engine, extras and etc before buying the car.

Not all players RP that their car is modified.

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, Barbary said:

???

Does it? lol.

Admins always harp on about LEO vs Crim balance but where is the Civilian vs Criminal balance? If a masked dude pulls a gun on you as a civilian you're fucked.

Getting a concealed weapon legally is harder on this server with a crime rate 4000 times higher than Los Angeles than it is in some American states.

Civilians get CKed for defending themselves in a robbery, civilians get admin punished for interfering in a drive by.

This server doesn't cater to civilians at all, they're by far the most oppressed group and if I had to play one I'd probably quit after a week.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
4 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

???

Does it? lol.

Admins always harp on about LEO vs Crim balance but where is the Civilian vs Criminal balance? If a masked dude pulls a gun on you as a civilian you're fucked.

Getting a concealed weapon legally is harder on this server with a crime rate 4000 times higher than Los Angeles than it is in some American states.

Civilians get CKed for defending themselves in a robbery, civilians get admin punished for interfering in a drive by.

This server doesn't cater to civilians at all, they're by far the most oppressed group and if I had to play one I'd probably quit after a week.

It is much easier to attain a P.F. license than to form the necessary connections to own an illegal firearm. It is much cheaper, as-well. I can submit an application and own my firearm within 1-2 days, which is much shorter than developing connections with a supplier or middle-man, which can take weeks, at times, to earn their trust.

There's tons of restrictions... average person cannot rob a person with a vehicle AND can't really rob a person at various restricted zones without very good reason.

Criminals also get CK'd for defending themselves against Law enforcement, and can also apply to criminals that don't fear R.P. when a civilian has a firearm aimed at them.

Edited by DLimit
  • Upvote 2