Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

55 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Why should there be a forum application and more paperwork for who decides to buy generic 2003 San Andreas Ave apartment 57?

To prevent house flipping. 

Buy it from the market and sell it back to it. Prevent anyone from buying that property for about 6 hours to prevent anyone going there with a friend to sell and instantly buy.

There would never be paperwork when you buy and sell to the market. 

Edited by Jo
Just now, Jo said:

To prevent house flipping. 

Buy it from the market and sell it back to it. Prevent anyone from buying that property for about 6 hours to prevent anyone going there with a friend to sell and instantly buy.

There would never be paperwork when you buy and sell to the market. 

As far as I know, its not possible to resell a property immediately. This is already restricted through several rules;

This features both time and money restrictions;

• 0 days to 2 weeks : You cannot sell the house.
    • 2 weeks to 1 month : You may sell the house up to (1 x MP) + furniture price.
    • 1 month to 3 months : You may sell the house up to (3 x MP) + furniture price. (Ex. MP = 150,000 FP = 55,633, SP = 50,000 - Highest buyout = $555,633)
    • 3 months to 6 months : You may sell the house up to (5 x MP) + furniture price.
    • 6 months + : You can sell the house at any price you want.

41 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

As far as I know, its not possible to resell a property immediately. This is already restricted through several rules;

This features both time and money restrictions;

•  

It looks good on paper, but map.gta.world makes me have a different opinion. 

Visit areas with no houses available like Sandy Shores, Paletto Bay, South East LS etc and check how much active roleplay you can find around those areas. Most of the players I roleplay with pretend to own a property in the area when in fact all our characters are homeless. Also it would be unrealistic for my character to be a mechanic or do logistics just to grind aimlessly for two to three months and then go back to what was doing before. 

Those changes would surely work in  the past but with a playerbase of over 600 players they have a little impact. On top of that players now know exactly how long they need to AFK online just to maintain a house and flip it several months down the line. 

It was better before, because they would flip the houses sooner and you had more chances to get your hands on a property. Now you have to wait months for them to make a gain out of a flip. Meaning they occupy a property without actual roleplay around it for much longer. 

That's my view on it, the thread is called unpopular opinion after all. 

Edited by Jo
45 minutes ago, Jo said:

It looks good on paper, but map.gta.world makes me have a different opinion.

map.gta.world is useless.

It used to show every property for sale, but now it only shows multi-interior apartments with direct street access, and these are fewer and fewer because property management is adding lobbies to a lot of apartment buildings.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, peasoup said:

map.gta.world is useless.

It used to show every property for sale, but now it only shows multi-interior apartments with direct street access, and these are fewer and fewer because property management is adding lobbies to a lot of apartment buildings.

There is always a door/elevator with the multi-interior menu, my new apartment has an elevator with a multi-interior menu.

53 minutes ago, Jennie said:

There is always a door/elevator with the multi-interior menu, my new apartment has an elevator with a multi-interior menu.

Some apartment buildings don't have multi-interior menus, they have individual doors. But that's not the problem.

The apartment one of my characters lives in has a mapped-in lobby and a multi-interior menu inside too. I just checked, and there are units for sale, but they don't show up on the map.

If you look at the apartments that do show up on the map, I am 99% sure they all have menus directly on the street.  With every new lobby added, the map becomes even more useless than it already is.

PS: That's not to say I don't appreciate the lobbies, I do, they're great. The problem is the map code hasn't kept up and it deceives people regarding how many units are actually for sale.

Edited by peasoup
10 hours ago, Barbary said:

This would all be solved if we just had more damn houses in the county. Significantly more.

I N V E S T I N E A S T E R N P A L E T O

I know this is not as easy as I'll make it out to be, but.. Wouldn't it be possible to map in more homes, outside of LS I mean?

I mean we already mapped an entirely new neighborhood into the city, would sprinkling a few houses to extend already existing county towns be far fetched? Would also help make those areas feel even bigger. 

Again yeah not as easy as it sounds, I know mapping takes an ungodly amount of time to do.

• Upvote 1