Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

6 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

Can't help it sometimes, several kinds of RP have been banned for being too offensive and gross, I think nazi rp should either be banned or allowing everyone to deathmatch nazi faction members.

Seriously though, some nazi rpers are self inserts and it creeps me the fuck out that admins cater to them by adding actual swastika's as tats, couldn't believe that shit first time I saw it ingame, because it means someone is so cringe that they made nazi tats for gtao character models and admins went out of their way to mod them into the server.

Where would you draw the line when banning roleplay that you find too offensive? Other people will find other things too offensive. Are we going to listen to all those people as well? What roleplay will be left once we banned everything that any random internet person finds offensive? The lines as they are drawn now are not perfect, in my view, but they're not unacceptable either. So why not just deal with it? After all, its only IC right?

If you're suspecting that someone is self inserting or gives off hints of showing hatred OOCly, then we already have rules for this in place. Just report them.

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

Where would you draw the line when banning roleplay that you find too offensive? Other people will find other things too offensive. Are we going to listen to all those people as well? What roleplay will be left once we banned everything that any random internet person finds offensive? The lines as they are drawn now are not perfect, in my view, but they're not unacceptable either. So why not just deal with it? After all, its only IC right?

If you're suspecting that someone is self inserting or gives off hints of showing hatred OOCly, then we already have rules for this in place. Just report them.

I was half-joking about banning it, almost every kind of rp should be allowed, at least through request. I just really hate nazi's IRL and I hate how they get portrayed on this server even more. I do think that straight up nazi tats are EXTREMELY cringe and should've never been added, I think a swastika being offensive isn't a niece leftie thing my dude, it's something everyone should hate in that context.

• Applaud 1
6 minutes ago, croozerdog said:

I was half-joking about banning it, almost every kind of rp should be allowed, at least through request. I just really hate nazi's IRL and I hate how they get portrayed on this server even more. I do think that straight up nazi tats are EXTREMELY cringe and should've never been added, I think a swastika being offensive isn't a niece leftie thing my dude, it's something everyone should hate in that context.

A lot of things are offensive, but we're talking about IC actions here. You'll find that things like 'murder' being bad isn't a niche leftie position either. Yet, because we can all realize that this concerns fiction/storytelling/roleplaying, ordinary standards do not apply. Maybe you really really hate nazis IRL. Another person might really really hate gangs IRL because of some bad experience they had IRL. So should we just ban them both because you're mad at fictional portrayals?

You do realize that Nazis are fictionalized pretty often, I hope. Basically any movie, book, comic, etc about World War 2 will refer to Nazism and their symbols. There's plenty about neo-nazis as well. You're welcome to cringe at those too, but does that really help us here?

When you join the server, you're entering into the common agreement that we roleplay, and that we keep our personal feelings separate. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, mj2002 said:

A lot of things are offensive, but we're talking about IC actions here. You'll find that things like 'murder' being bad isn't a niche leftie position either. Yet, because we can all realize that this concerns fiction/storytelling/roleplaying, ordinary standards do not apply. Maybe you really really hate nazis IRL. Another person might really really hate gangs IRL because of some bad experience they had IRL. So should we just ban them both because you're mad at fictional portrayals?

You do realize that Nazis are fictionalized pretty often, I hope. Basically any movie, book, comic, etc about World War 2 will refer to Nazism and their symbols. There's plenty about neo-nazis as well. You're welcome to cringe at those too, but does that really help us here?

When you join the server, you're entering into the common agreement that we roleplay, and that we keep our personal feelings separate. 

I said I don´t want to ban nazi roleplay. I've actually had some cool rp here and there with them. I just don´t support going out of your way to add giant swastika tattoos. I like most portrayals of nazi's in media because they mostly lose in one way or another.

My bad experience with nazi's and roleplay was when I joined a neo nazi faction on another community and found out there were neo-nazi's irl, some of whom moved to GTAW, giving me a personal grudge as well.

I don´t think that comparing adult males that roleplay a neo-nazi faction on gta 5 is nearly the same as a serious movie or history documentary or games like wolfenstein.

Let's agree to disagree about that tats though, before we spam the whole thread haha, thanks for proving my opinion is unpopular with some.

• Upvote 4
2 hours ago, croozerdog said:

I said I don´t want to ban nazi roleplay. I've actually had some cool rp here and there with them. I just don´t support going out of your way to add giant swastika tattoos. I like most portrayals of nazi's in media because they mostly lose in one way or another.

My bad experience with nazi's and roleplay was when I joined a neo nazi faction on another community and found out there were neo-nazi's irl, some of whom moved to GTAW, giving me a personal grudge as well.

I don´t think that comparing adult males that roleplay a neo-nazi faction on gta 5 is nearly the same as a serious movie or history documentary or games like wolfenstein.

Let's agree to disagree about that tats though, before we spam the whole thread haha, thanks for proving my opinion is unpopular with some.

Well you rping in a country that openly finances neo nazi groups so ggez my bro xD

• Upvote 1

It should be against the rules to stop fighting and sprint around randomly to avoid the fight. It's the same as chicken running in samp. Just stand your ground and duke it the fuck out. Stop being afraid of the L.

Also pick the other dude the fuck up if you win. Let him RP being fucked up rather than just sitting there in the injured screen.

• Upvote 10