Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

The quality of R.P. was superior when we only had 100-200 people active during peak hours, with minimal script, compared to our 600-player server with tons of scripts and empty streets.

How were the streets less empty back when we only had 100-200 players? No idea.

• Upvote 2
4 hours ago, DLimit said:

The quality of R.P. was superior when we only had 100-200 people active during peak hours, with minimal script, compared to our 600-player server with tons of scripts and empty streets.

How were the streets less empty back when we only had 100-200 players? No idea.

We know the reason, but you wanna hear it again, I guess.

1 hour ago, Jennie said:

We know the reason, but you wanna hear it again, I guess.

I'd like to know other people's reason, hahaha.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

Were they really though?

Really was. People didn't hide in interiors, all day, and the streets were heavily active at times. It felt like a community. You'd have civilians intermingling with gangs, on a daily basis.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, DLimit said:

I'd like to know other people's reason, hahaha.

Really was. People didn't hide in interiors, all day, and the streets were heavily active at times. It felt like a community. You'd have civilians intermingling with gangs, on a daily basis.

Apart from the ridiculous crime rate that doesn't allow anyone to do outdoor RP, there were people who shamed others for creating hubs, like the hub that used to be in the Mirror Park lot, back in 2018/2019 people used to be there, but then they got tired because people on Discord and other places started saying "Mirror Park Lot mallrat".

I used to see more people RP'ng outdoor on SAMP with 89 players than here with 650.

• Upvote 1
45 minutes ago, Jennie said:

Apart from the ridiculous crime rate that doesn't allow anyone to do outdoor RP, there were people who shamed others for creating hubs, like the hub that used to be in the Mirror Park lot, back in 2018/2019 people used to be there, but then they got tired because people on Discord and other places started saying "Mirror Park Lot mallrat".

I used to see more people RP'ng outdoor on SAMP with 89 players than here with 650.

Robberies were still rampant, though, around 2020. Yet, people still RP'd outside. 

Could claim it was less common as there were only 100-200 people online, during peak times. But, the mentality was different, wasn't it.

43 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Robberies were still rampant, though, around 2020. Yet, people still RP'd outside. 

Could claim it was less common as there were only 100-200 people online, during peak times. But, the mentality was different, wasn't it.

Playerbase were less toxic/snowflake back in 2018-2020.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
13 hours ago, DLimit said:

I understand that this is your experience, but it seems difficult to substantiate that claim as it compares to how it is now. It would mean that characters are 'hiding' more in magnitudes of three to six times as much as before. It seems more likely to me that characters are more spread out now, as well as hiding more.

11 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

I understand that this is your experience, but it seems difficult to substantiate that claim as it compares to how it is now. It would mean that characters are 'hiding' more in magnitudes of three to six times as much as before. It seems more likely to me that characters are more spread out now, as well as hiding more.

I highly recommend driving down every single road in L.S. when it peaks at 600 players, and then compare that to when the streets were filled with players with only 100-200 players, and do it every once in a while. You'll notice what I'm experiencing.