Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

Here it goes...

A person born male OOC will never be able to accurately portray a character born female IC

A person born female OOC will never be able to accurately portray a character born male IC

I believe I have used the correct words to not offend anyone while still expressing my opinion, sure hope so!

Edited by Kappaurel
typo
  • Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

Here it goes...

A person born male OOC will never be able to accurately portray a character born female IC

A person born female OOC will never be able to accurately portray a character born male IC

I believe I hace used the correct words to not offend anyone while still expressing my opinion, sure hope so!

I think the issue that rises from a male playing an ic female isn’t because it’s normally poorly portrayed. It’s because they decide to be over sexualized.  Which is anything from the overdone hour glass bodies, the numerous hours they spent making a picture of pixel ass in menyoo just to post on facebrowser, or the pure drive to just erp everything and anything. 

To say that someone doesn’t portray a gender correctly is kind of off since every person is different in their own way. I’ve also witnessed guys and girls play the opposite sex with no issues. But, I think there is a clear line crossing between cringy and just rping to see some paragraph /me lines. 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
21 minutes ago, Kappaurel said:

Here it goes...

I believe I hace used the correct words to not offend anyone while still expressing my opinion, sure hope so!

It really narrows down to your intentions when playing the opposite gender and not coming off as a huge stereotype. I've met females in male dominated factions who have storylines and mannerisms down to a T. Males who play females and dress a lot better than real life females on here. (No shade, no tea)

And we can't exactly tell anyone what it means to be male nor female aside from their bodies, but you can certainly tell a few things are off by how they act in the server. 

Edited by yemaya
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Kappaurel said:

Here it goes...

I believe I have used the correct words to not offend anyone while still expressing my opinion, sure hope so!

i think a lot of people would be seriously surprised to find out the ooc genders of some of the ppl they interact w/

poor writers will always portray weird chars. girls can play some sus shit too. look at conan exiles. a disproportionate OOC base for what is 90% ERP. 
gtaw could do with having a few less one-liner, overtly flirty, erp as the end-goal femchars though. but that's an issue every slice of life server will suffer from.

Don't know if it's an unpopular opinion, but to me GTA: W is trying to suppress some aspects of extreme RP like torture and descriptive injuries, whilst simultaneously having other horrible shit occur. 

Bear with me for a moment, it's never black and white and all but right now I could essentially go sell some drugs to some (M) characters, and if they try anything funny, I'm able to shoot them in the head multiple times, leave them for dead, come back later and loot whatever bit of belonging they had on them with no remorse. This will be a valid RP scenario.

And death is so common that sometimes law enforcement will drive past corpses and not stop because there is just no point to stop. 

Now, I don't personally feel the need to RP cannibalism, torture, or describe my injuries like some bestgore video description, but surely the definition of extreme RP is pretty subjective and the line is blurred. Where's the line? Being shot with an assault rifle repeatedly over a few grams of drugs is pretty extreme, but surely it happens. So what stops the same people from locking someone in the trunk of car and throwing that car in the sea for example? I mean it's pretty messed up, but surely if they can do the former without batting an eye, they're able to do the latter. You get the point, GTA:W's Los Santos is a messed up place overall.

I'm all to prevent weirdos to do weird things with rules but at the same time we're also normalizing objectively weird things to happen. 

Also tell me what you want but GTA: World's Los Santos really sounds like a prequel to a Judge Dredd movie lmao.

Marrone... I'm losin' my balls ova hea!

• LCN faction members are all cutout Soprano gabagoolers who just want to "Do business ova hea!"
  • LCN faction members do not wear modern clothing what-so-ever, it's either bowling shirts, beige pants or other 2006 style attires
  • LCN faction screenshots are just some dudes talking about "Doing business ova hea and ova thea!" with the occasional CK screenshots
  • LCN factions are no longer creative
  • Upvote 9
18 minutes ago, BadassBaboon said:

Marrone... I'm losin' my balls ova hea!

• LCN faction members are all cutout Soprano gabagoolers who just want to "Do business ova hea!"
  • LCN faction members do not wear modern clothing what-so-ever, it's either bowling shirts, beige pants or other 2006 style attires
  • LCN faction screenshots are just some dudes talking about "Doing business ova hea and ova thea!" with the occasional CK screenshots
  • LCN factions are no longer creative

Agreed. To add to it, the players fail to create new methods of making money or posting screenshots and whenever a player coming from a more modern background tries to bring the modern world to LCN they are mocked by their own members and other factions.

Please, stop being a bootleg soprano!

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, yemaya said:

It really narrows down to your intentions when playing the opposite gender and not coming off as a huge stereotype. I've met females in male dominated factions who have storylines and mannerisms down to a T. Males who play females and dress a lot better than real life females on here. (No shade, no tea)

And we can't exactly tell anyone what it means to be male nor female aside from their bodies, but you can certainly tell a few things are off by how they act in the server. 

I'd say it doesn't really matter which gender you are OOC, rather how well you can realistically portray a character. It doesn't help that there is some bad roleplayers in the server but I don't think it has anything to do with gender really. Other then maybe males creating female characters simply to erp which is just outright weird in my opinion. 

• Upvote 1

gtaw probably has some of the worse writers on average for a roleplay server

its show dont tell not;

/me has lived his entire life in poverty, surrounded by a crime riddled neighborhood, which causes him to act out infront of the police officer.

or

/me is a veteran police officer who doesn’t take bullshit

or

/me is a hard bitten gangbanger with a violent streak and reps for his local gang

or my favorite

/me now hates x character for doing x thing infront of him.

please stop emoting thoughts and context we can’t see. please. let us figure it out using context clues, appearance and emoted body language.

• Upvote 16