Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

If the reasoning behind the "asking car occupant to get out, frisk, massive backup, so suspicious etc" is the high crime rate in LS, same can be said by illegal chars with "i shot the cops before they can get back up because they will ask a lot of back up and ask me to get out of vehicle and do stuff and get me to jail". However, the only side that will get punished is the illegals.

This is a fine example of double standard. Mind you I don't pick any sides. It's just a discussion.

Edited by varthshenon
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Merely explaining why it escalates. If an officer asks you to remove a mask and you refuse, it's not going to be surprising when it's treated as a reason to be suspicious. 

You've got pre-covid pictures of the streets of New York having a not insignificant number of people in the crowd wearing masks? Let's see the majority of the New York population wearing masks pre-covid, in everyday pictures of the streets.

Except you didn't read what I said. The mask was removed before they even approached the vehicle so they didn't have to request so. Again, spinning. I'm just pointing out the several flaws in your argument and I'm further highlighting my point that there is a double standard and it needs to be addressed. You cannot escalate on the law enforcement side with zero consequence because you think it should remain in character but civilian and illegal roleplayers are required by rule to abide by escalation guidelines (not fleeing without a reason deemed as valid by the LEO pursuing you, opening fire upon initial contact) or they will face admin punishment.

Edited by jromjeksin
Just now, jromjeksin said:

Except you didn't read what I said. The mask was removed before they even approached the vehicle so they didn't have to request so. Again, spinning. 

I wasn't there, so I can't really discern what you did or didn't do. All I can do is tell you what will usually work to keep you out of trouble. Sounds like there were additional elements in play that weren't articulated for our benefit.

That said, I'm not surprised that more cops are being called to assist with traffic stops, what with repeated John Wick'ing precision kills being carried out to avoid talking about a broken tail light. Maybe if you choose other, vastly less lethal options, you wouldn't have to worry so much about the police implementing measures to avoid dying.

7 minutes ago, varthshenon said:

same can be said by illegal chars with "i shot the cops before they can get back up because they will ask a lot of back up and ask me to get out of vehicle and do stuff and get me to jail"

Well no you're comparing a little cop corruption with straight up murdering people.

Cops bend the law IRL all the time, and in a city with so much murder it makes even more sense for corruption to be higher.

Edited by pateuvasiliu
1 hour ago, DLimit said:

Not amongst Asian communities. It's within East-Asian cultures to wear those masks if they are ill or if an area is too polluted. It's a sign of collective respect and responsibility to wear one as "I do not want to infect the collective/community".

Yes, but even though there's a lot of Asian characters racing their Japanese cars in the server, this is not GTA:W Tokyo. If I'm in Tokyo any of the other massive Asian cities where masses of people regularly wear N95 masks, I don't expect to get mugged or shot. However that is different in GTA:World, because if they wear a N95 mask it's not for "collective respect" but to commit crimes and to try to get away with MC 510. Facial Obstruction.

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

I wasn't there, so I can't really discern what you did or didn't do. All I can do is tell you what will usually work to keep you out of trouble. Sounds like there were additional elements in play that weren't articulated for our benefit.

That said, I'm not surprised that more cops are being called to assist with traffic stops, what with repeated John Wick'ing precision kills being carried out to avoid talking about a broken tail light. Maybe if you choose other, vastly less lethal options, you wouldn't have to worry so much about the police implementing measures to avoid dying.

7 patrol cars, one a tactical unit brandishing a carbine rifle is necessary assistance for a traffic stop for failing to yield at an intersection? Come on bro lol we both know better than that. I provided a video of the initial stop in my first post we both know what it looks like. 

https://streamable.com/bvweba

There is no need for this much resources for a traffic stop. ID was provided, car was turned off and a the mask was not on. Neither party had a criminal history. Even gave the option to wait for a K9 unit instead of stepping out of the car which I am not legally required to do so as you would know if you are a law enforcement member informed of the relevant caselaws. 

2 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Yes, but even though there's a lot of Asian characters racing their Japanese cars in the server, this is not GTA:W Tokyo. If I'm in Tokyo any of the other massive Asian cities where masses of people regularly wear N95 masks, I don't expect to get mugged or shot. However that is different in GTA:World, because if they wear a N95 mask it's not for "collective respect" but to commit crimes and to try to get away with MC 510. Facial Obstruction.

Can you cite MC 510. Facial Obstruction for me or quote it here? Also, in your experience what leads you to believe N95 masks are associated with committing crimes?

1 minute ago, jromjeksin said:

Can you cite MC 510. Facial Obstruction for me or quote it here? Also, in your experience what leads you to believe N95 masks are associated with committing crimes?

510. Facial Obstruction (M)

Any person(s) who obstructs or disguises their face, during the commission of a crime, shall be charged under this statute.

In GTA:World, especially in south central, yes these masks are absolutely associated with crime.