Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

8 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

But it does trigger a negative impression, regardless of the excuse. We've established that, as I've stated, masks typically were (and still are) seen as unusual by the United States public.

Does wearing a mask alone provide a legal justification to pull you out of the vehicle? No, but it's not at all unrealistic for it to give the present law enforcement presence the necessary personal suspicion to look for a reason to legally justify pulling you out of the vehicle. You can try to spin it however you want, but people are going to think you're weird for wearing a mask, moreso with covid not being a thing in GTAW.

If you're aware that wearing a N95 mask alone does not provide justification for pulling an occupant out of a vehicle then what is the point of your initial response then? I'm not sure what negative impression could have been triggered having said that it is not criminal, not suspicious and both the driver and passenger identified themselves and removed said masks upon law enforcement approaching the vehicle with no problem or argument what so ever. I have not spun anything, you and your friend are the only ones spinning the situation instead of saying it for what it is. Profiling in character, and just exhibiting a play to win mentality oocly. Cops need to lose the gotta catch em all mentality and just roleplay. Every encounter does not need to result in an arrest, shooting or pursuit. Promote passive roleplay. I'll say it again, had the cop been shot instantly, or someone drove off without any roleplay while the cop is typing they'd be reported, banned or admin prisoned. 

Edited by jromjeksin
2 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

If you're aware that wearing a mask alone does not provide justification for pulling an occupant out of a vehicle then what is the point of your initial response then? I'm not sure what negative impression could have been triggered having said that it is not criminal, not suspicious and both the driver and passenger identified themselves and removed said masks upon law enforcement approaching the vehicle with no problem or argument what so ever. I have not spun anything, you and your friend are the only ones spinning the situation instead of saying it for what it is. Profiling in character, and just exhibiting a play to win mentality oocly. Cops need to lose the gotta catch em all mentality and just roleplay. Every encounter does not need to result in an arrest, shooting or pursuit. Promote passive roleplay. I'll say it again, had the cop been shot instantly, or someone drove off without any roleplay while the cop is typing they'd be reported, banned or admin prisoned. 

Merely explaining why it escalates. If an officer asks you to remove a mask and you refuse, it's not going to be surprising when it's treated as a reason to be suspicious. 

3 minutes ago, ZaE said:

LOL DID U JUST UP A STOCK IMAGE

You've got pre-covid pictures of the streets of New York having a not insignificant number of people in the crowd wearing masks? Let's see the majority of the New York population wearing masks pre-covid, in everyday pictures of the streets.