Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

Just now, jromjeksin said:

7 patrol cars, one a tactical unit brandishing a carbine rifle is necessary assistance for a traffic stop for failing to yield at an intersection? Come on bro lol we both know better than that. I provided a video of the initial stop in my first post we both know what it looks like. 

https://streamable.com/bvweba

There is no need for this much resources for a traffic stop. ID was provided, car was turned off and a the mask was not on. Neither party had a criminal history. Even gave the option to wait for a K9 unit instead of stepping out of the car which I am not legally required to do so as you would know if you are a law enforcement member informed of the relevant caselaws. 

It's Los Santos, the city with more murders in a day than the top five most dangerous countries combined - I'm not surprised that they may have escalated based on some sort of information unavailable to you (and by extension, observers limited to your perspective of the events). What with cops being shot and killed over broken tail lights weekly, it's hard to jostle free much sympathy.

1 minute ago, Jeroen said:

510. Facial Obstruction (M)

Any person(s) who obstructs or disguises their face, during the commission of a crime, shall be charged under this statute.

In GTA:World, especially in south central, yes these masks are absolutely associated with crime.

Okay so it says that a person who obstructs or disguises their face during the commission of a crime can be charged under this statute. A traffic violation of failure to yield is not a part of the criminal statute am I correct? If I'm driving my car and I have on a N95 mask and you pull me over for said offense, are you legally able to and is it standard procedure for you to order me out?

5 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

It's Los Santos, the city with more murders in a day than the top five most dangerous countries combined - I'm not surprised that they may have escalated based on some sort of information unavailable to you (and by extension, observers limited to your perspective of the events). What with cops being shot and killed over broken tail lights weekly, it's hard to jostle free much sympathy.

Sounds to me like an excuse to escalate simple interactions with the general public. A cop scared to do their job is a cop that should not have that job. Would you feel safe in real life with a cop scared to interact with the general public and draws his weapon and keeps it to his side during every traffic stop? I know I would not. So many different ways you can combat cops being shot during traffic stops. Mandate partnered patrol units, bro you can even do 3 man patrol units. Even if just two cars were on the scene of the stop that's fine. But 7 cars and one being a tactical deputy who is standing idly with a carbine rifle in his hands? There is absolutely no excuse for said escalation and in my opinion it is piss poor portrayal of a police officer.

Edited by jromjeksin
  • Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

Sounds to me like an excuse to escalate simple interactions with the general public. A cop scared to do their job is a cop that should not have that job. Would you feel safe in real life with a cop scared to interact with the general public and draws his weapon and keeps it to his side during every traffic stop? I know I would not. So many different ways you can combat cops being shot during traffic stops. Mandate partnered patrol units, bro you can even do 3 man patrol units. Even if just two cars were on the scene of the stop that's fine. But 7 cars and one being a tactical deputy who is standing idly with a carbine rifle in his hands? There is absolutely no excuse for said escalation and in my opinion it is piss poor portrayal of a police officer.

I mean, the alternative is them being dead and not available at all, soooo... yeah... I'm not going to complain.

5 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

Okay so it says that a person who obstructs or disguises their face during the commission of a crime can be charged under this statute. A traffic violation of failure to yield is not a part of the criminal statute am I correct? If I'm driving my car and I have on a N95 mask and you pull me over for said offense, are you legally able to and is it standard procedure for you to order me out?

Now you're being obtuse, I said nothing like that. Maybe I should say it in a way that is easier for you to understand.

If you're wearing a mask not in Asia but in south central, you're being sussy wussy and you're probably the impostor among us.

Just now, Jeroen said:

Now you're being obtuse, I said nothing like that. Maybe I should say it in a way that is easier for you to understand.

If you're wearing a mask not in Asia but in south central, you're being sussy wussy and you're probably the impostor among us.

I never said you said any of that. I was asking you a question to get your understanding on the law and to grasp what your mindset is like. 

1 minute ago, jromjeksin said:

I never said you said any of that. I was asking you a question to get your understanding on the law and to grasp what your mindset is like. 

You must've interpreted what I'm talking about wrong then, because I'm not interested in debating any of that right now.

49 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but isn't wearing masks (like balaclavas) actually a very real and somewhat prevalent thing in inner-city Los Angeles, particularly among younger adult males? 

59 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

A cop scared to do their job is a cop that should not have that job

Realistically not a single soul would join the LSPD in a city where 20 cops die a year and they get paid less than a bartender.

Cops calling many units on a stop is Fear RP, if anything. You can't complain about it when 2 years ago people were crying that cops shouldn't be doing solo stops in Davis.

Edited by pateuvasiliu