Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

Just now, Jeroen said:

Thread getting locked in 3... 2... 1...

It shouldn't. We're not flaming one another we're having a conversation and providing constructive criticism. I've even went as far as giving ideas on how to prevent cops from getting killed in Davis during routine traffic stops. You want it locked because you aren't able to engage in a conversation you might be the center of. 

Edited by jromjeksin
  • Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, Jeroen said:

Thread getting locked in 3... 2... 1...

Why should it be closed? If you can't sit here and listen to constructive criticism like a grown ass adult then get on. We aren't calling the players in LEO shit, at least I am not. And we aren't going and saying "LSPDK FUCK ALL COPS, KILLING ALL COPS IG" and the fellow LEOs, hopefully aren't going "FUCK ALL DAVIS RPERS, RAHHHH!".

You people want change, but will not listen. And when I see people I mean the entire server, shit is FUCKED UP server-wide. Not just LSPD is bad, not just gang rp is bad. No one faction is bad, and no one side is bad....ill put it in big bold letters for you.

ITS ALL BAD.

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 2
6 minutes ago, ZaE said:

I'm going to need to see links to forums

Here you go. No need to humor the hyberbole, but unlike you, I am willing to back up my claims. 

4 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

We're not flaming one another

Then why insist I'm part of the Port Authority when I'm not? I haven't asserted your affiliations, much less used said incorrect assertions as an attempt to discredit you. Escalating to intentional mistruths doesn't help anyone here, and comes across as an unnecessary criticism (bashing) of both a discussion participant AND a faction.

4 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Here you go. No need to humor the hyberbole, but unlike you, I am willing to back up my claims. 

No no...I dont care about ur chop shop thing bud. Show me a SINGLE screenshot of you providing or doing ANYTHING for davis rp. no matter what you send i will not care. you are a person that thinks because something doesnt happen to you it doesnt exist at all and you've done that as long as i can remember, its just a corny defense. you cant use the excuse "no evidence, doesnt exist!" as an example to show that you care about changing it...or as an attempt to be like "hahaha...see we wanna crack down on it!" because you dont. you are just trying to dodge the conversation by telling people to up evidence as if they take it over every single thing.

and you are a problem. people dont just pull shit out of their ass, but you guys like to take all of the 'gang roleplayers' and put them on one umbrella, hence why some guy a few comments ago thought we were bashing cops...most likely due to us being gang roleplayers. not everyone has time to read every forum report...or every in game ban, or monitor every situation. but i ASSURE you it happens.

i barely KNOW this nigga @jromjeksin but hes spitting. ive had a few talks with him and he's not pulling shit out of his ass, we've had talks about the shitty quality of rp and police over enforcement as long as 5 months ago.

i could make an entire separate thread with my rants and complaints about the server...but i have learned that it doesnt matter. change will not happen. and to anybody that's hoping for it, give up.  just wait for GTA:World Liberty City, that's the only true second chance we seem to have.

Edited by ZaE
2 minutes ago, ZaE said:

you are a person that thinks because something doesnt happen to you

Again, I've browsed the forum reports and I haven't seen one single punishment issued for "unnecessary escalation" as a consequence of driving away. I'm still looking for it. Meanwhile, you apparently know of incidents, but refuse to share them for some strange reason...

4 minutes ago, ZaE said:

we've had talks about the shitty quality of rp and police over enforcement

So much for "it's ALL bad". Weird how it's only "all" bad when people notice the tune you're talking to.

6 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

So much for "it's ALL bad". Weird how it's only "all" bad when people notice the tune you're talking to.

oh it is all bad. nice try to try and sway this entire thing on me to look like an LEO hater, despite having been an leo in the past.

you want me to go on about gang roleplay?

The players are OOC as fuck and that spreads onto even the nicest people and turns them the same , the admins don’t understand the situations they can decide to void or not, and people can’t commit to a change because they’d rather fit their egos in place. an on top of the moderation on gang roleplay, almost every single gang roleplayer is moving militant because none of the admins understand LA gang banging or culture. The prime era for gang roleplay was Summer of 2021, there was the perfect mix of OOC and IC that never spread too much, now barely any gangs can last for more then 3 weeks, nobody wants to stick to a concept and all wars end up in a cut interactions because players on all sides start to take things too serious. Gang roleplay is a toxic, unsupported mess that could be something good but it's too late, everyone has already given up. IFM waited too long to act towards gang roleplay and by the time they did, all the heads that did care about it gave up, got banned, left the server or went to put time into another, only for that other not to drop ever and now they are all waiting for GTA:World Liberty City after all bans were lifted.

6 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Meanwhile, you apparently know of incidents

I do know of incidents, but I have no time to search them. And you are going off track, I am simply backing up the person that originally made the claim and he most likely can find evidence before I can, there is a problem with over-policing on the server, the same way there is a problem with gang roleplayers shooting at each other over the smallest shit, and due to them shooting over the smallest shit even warranted situations like killing somebody over them calling you a snitch is seen as bad, due to the bad apples in gang roleplay, your character decisions must be seen as your own, and if they act out of character or sparatic, it falls on the player.

the same way its not okay for gang roleplayers to do certain things, its not okay for LEO's to do certain things. there needs to be a line between when realism applies to a situation, what can be done w/o being extreme? it's a game and sometimes admins know that...but other times they apply realism to the situation and say "It happens IRL"!  Where does the line with realism end? Or start?

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
7 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Again, I've browsed the forum reports and I haven't seen one single punishment issued for "unnecessary escalation" as a consequence of driving away. I'm still looking for it. Meanwhile, you apparently know of incidents, but refuse to share them for some strange reason...

The problem is, the conversation currently at hand is about police roleplay their escalating of simple interactions. If the conversation was about civ roleplay or even gang roleplay, I'm sure you'd be more engaged and that's what the problem is with this server. People pick a side and they can't see anything wrong with the side they've chosen. If you're legitimately going to sit here and act like there is not a single thing wrong with law enforcement roleplay on this server then I don't know what to tell you. I have never engaged in a conversation with someone more oblivious to the wrongdoings of law enforcement than you. Step back for a moment bro. Forget about anything we said in this entire thread so far. Do you think that it is okay for 7 patrol units and one tactical deputy actively brandishing a carbine rifle at a traffic stop that should result in a simple ticket and release? Do you not see a problem with that? Do you not see a problem with needing 7 cars for a simple traffic stop because you might die one day on patrol? That's like getting pulled over by one cop and I call 7 people to come help me out. Still don't see the problem? You are going to lose one day. It happens, it's roleplay. You cannot catch them all. 

Edited by jromjeksin
7 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Cool, give me names. I can narrow the results drastically by just searching for names. Even a forum name of an involved person will turn up results.

Yes, discredit the rest of what I said as you go on your binge for evidence.

It is 9:09 AM on a Sunday night and u expect me to remember names of pooer escalation reports like some megamind robot, i can barely remember my own BIRTHDAY. ill send this thread in my faction discord thats had to deal with LSPD and see if they have evidence, and overall just send it around so somebody with TIME can discuss with you. i simply do not have the time to try and find the names and instances of police situations. you can continue to hide behind "IF EVIDENCE DOESNT EXIST IT DOESNT HAPPEN!" and be a problem for the server, nobody is stopping you...and you seem to mind your business with your car theft ring, so go ahead and keep doing that. i respect you for having a dull philosophy and sticking to yourself.

Things happen on the server. 700 people play this game a day, 20 forum reports are posted a day, hundreds of in game reports are posted a day, and you expect two niggas that are Preaching for change to have them the names of a few situations that fall under the rug, what a joke. 

i will continue to pray that GTA:World Liberty City has a good relationship between legals and illegals, so that an attempted change never has to happen.  even tho this 'war' will continue on here, and on LC for years to come....until Server Management decides to crack down on it.

the server as a whole is in its worse state roleplay quality wise as it's ever been, ill leave this as my last response and at that

Edited by ZaE
Just now, ZaE said:

"IF EVIDENCE DOESNT EXIST IT DOESNT HAPPEN!"

It's a basic, practical, and long established metric through which to verify claims. I've made a claim, and I've established at the very least a basic history of my activities. I'm willing to support my claims in some capacity.

Do what you need to, but understand that without proof, something as extreme as administrators handing out punishments for just driving away is pretty dang far fetched. 

9 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

People pick a side and they can't see anything wrong with the side they've chosen.

Demonstrate how aware you are of the situation and tell me which side I've picked.

10 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

If you're legitimately going to sit here and act like there is not a single thing wrong with law enforcement roleplay on this server...

To the contrary, there are a number of things wrong with law enforcement. I'm more interested in discussing what's actually wrong with them, though. The claims of being punished by admins for "just driving away" delve into a less factual exchange that doesn't really tackle the more deeply rooted and immediately obvious problems plaguing the police department. If you want to be taken seriously, deal in facts, not "trust me bro" assertions that the admins are punishing people for fleeing.

12 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

Do you think that it is okay for 7 patrol units and one tactical deputy actively brandishing a carbine rifle at a traffic stop that should result in a simple ticket and release?

Is there a case file for this? It sounds like something more happened here that might have been overlooked. 

I'll hunt down that video link too. Again, it's a limited perspective, but maybe there's something more here that wasn't shared.