Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

7 minutes ago, ZaE said:

in other news.... un popular opinion...the rp quality on this server is miserable.

image.png.73deff1ac937a41e72006a77724bc5bf.png

just had a nigga throw a molotav at me in front of 6 cops

LMAO

10 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

When has driving away from a traffic stop been punished for being an unrealistic escalation of the situation? I'm interested in seeing links to the forum reports in which this was the outcome.

We ain't about to go through the forums and link every complaint. We know what happens on this server and so do you, let's not bs each other. 

3 minutes ago, Arkster said:

fully agree, this is absolutely roblox level RP.

bro this is beyond roblox....this is Minecraft level. dude pulled up to a bunch of cops, threw a molotav, and indirectly started a big ass shoot out LMFAO

thats some gmod dark rp shit

Edited by ZaE
2 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

LMAO

We ain't about to go through the forums and link every complaint. We know what happens on this server and so do you, let's not bs each other. 

Sounds like it doesn't happen nearly as much as you claim, then, if you can't source a few examples to back up your claims.

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

Sounds like it doesn't happen nearly as much as you claim, then, if you can't source a few examples to back up your claims.

Yeah you are the problem on the server. People that think shit doesn't happen just because they don't see it. People that lie to themselves and think the server is a utopia. There's on-going debates in the IFM discord LSPD liason channels about the poor escalation of PD and using k9 for no reason, and ur trying to tell us this doesnt exist? ive seen IFM ADMINS arguing with LSPD about over-enforcement being a thing.

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 3
Just now, ZaE said:

Yeah you are the problem on the server. People that think shit doesn't happen just because they don't see it.

To the contrary, I go to some pretty exceptional lengths to try and find evidence supporting the claims from those I have discussions with. I read forum reports daily, and so far I haven't seen one punishment issued for driving away from a traffic stop as a consequence of "unrealistic escalation". Shootings? Yeah, that happens, but the idea of getting punished for driving away from a traffic stop is most likely hyperbole.