Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

It's a basic, practical, and long established metric through which to verify claims. I've made a claim, and I've established at the very least a basic history of my activities. I'm willing to support my claims in some capacity.

Do what you need to, but understand that without proof, something as extreme as administrators handing out punishments for just driving away is pretty dang far fetched. 

Demonstrate how aware you are of the situation and tell me which side I've picked.

To the contrary, there are a number of things wrong with law enforcement. I'm more interested in discussing what's actually wrong with them, though. The claims of being punished by admins for "just driving away" delve into a less factual exchange that doesn't really tackle the more deeply rooted and immediately obvious problems plaguing the police department. If you want to be taken seriously, deal in facts, not "trust me bro" assertions that the admins are punishing people for fleeing.

Is there a case file for this? It sounds like something more happened here that might have been overlooked. 

I'll hunt down that video link too. Again, it's a limited perspective, but maybe there's something more here that wasn't shared.

No, not at all. Pretty much exactly what I said is exactly what happened. No reason for me to lie and no reason to imply that I have not been truthful and left out facts. There is even a forum complaint pending on the incident.

1 minute ago, jromjeksin said:

No reason for me to lie and no reason to imply that I have not been truthful and left out facts.

It should be clarified, I'm not suggesting you're leaving out facts. My position is that there are facts that were and possibly still not readily available to you at the time.

Take for example a possibility - the police have deployed ten or so vehicles to find a specific individual reported to be in the area. During this search, a vehicle attempts to drive through the unofficial police cordon of the area with both occupants masked... and the search has found nobody else present. In the position of the police, would YOU let two suspicious persons, with god only knows how many murders, just slip through without attempting to check it out in SOME capacity?

Again, I don't want you to get the impression that anyone thinks you're lying. Investigations typically don't get shared in the open, so it's possible you were a case of mistaken identity. 

5 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

It should be clarified, I'm not suggesting you're leaving out facts. My position is that there are facts that were and possibly still not readily available to you at the time.

Take for example a possibility - the police have deployed ten or so vehicles to find a specific individual reported to be in the area. During this search, a vehicle attempts to drive through the unofficial police cordon of the area with both occupants masked... and the search has found nobody else present. In the position of the police, would YOU let two suspicious persons, with god only knows how many murders, just slip through without attempting to check it out in SOME capacity?

Again, I don't want you to get the impression that anyone thinks you're lying. Investigations typically don't get shared in the open, so it's possible you were a case of mistaken identity. 

I certainly would not order two people out of a vehicle to search with no grounds. The police vehicles were just driving around Davis doing their routine night patrols as I usually see them do every night. No shooting, nothing happened. I drove past the unmarked unit and he u-turns and I immediately got pulled over, it's all on video. I get stopped by 3 cars then a few minutes later more units arrive to provide assistance, one deploying a carbine rifle. I am 1000% certain this was not a case of mistaken identity. It was a case of cops bored at night and wanting to provoke someone who they thought was a gang member into getting out guns blazing or driving off. I already had it verified by someone in their own faction and there were no callouts for that specific time. 

Edited by jromjeksin
Just now, jromjeksin said:

I certainly would not order two people out of a vehicle to search with no grounds.

Again, depending on the situation, the police might have a reason for it. Same coin, different side, it's possible that they were literally going on a fishing expedition and encountered two folks a little more informed of their rights than anticipated... but...

2 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

The police vehicles were just driving around Davis doing their routine night patrols...

Your report literally says your friend literally noticed four police vehicles. Watching the video, that was the first thing I noticed too - that was a suspiciously large police presence to observe in such a short time frame, and by the time you brought your vehicle to a complete stop, literally three police vehicles were already present to conduct the traffic stop. That's a lot of cars to have on site before the suspect has even reached for the parking brake.

This doesn't cross me as a routine police patrol of the area.

7 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

I already had it verified by someone internally and there were no callouts for that specific time. 

You're going to find that it's pretty common to keep sensitive investigations and searches clear of certain channels. That your someone on the inside didn't know of the police search of the area is neither unexpected nor surprising. In fact, that you have someone on the inside to tell you what's happening is exactly why that information is kept within tighter circles of communication, so that you can't be tipped off to a search before it can find whoever it's aimed at.

12 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

I certainly would not order two people out of a vehicle to search with no grounds. The police vehicles were just driving around Davis doing their routine night patrols as I usually see them do every night. No shooting, nothing happened. I drove past the unmarked unit and he u-turns and I immediately got pulled over, it's all on video. I get stopped by 3 cars then a few minutes later more units arrive to provide assistance, one deploying a carbine rifle. I am 1000% certain this was not a case of mistaken identity. It was a case of cops bored at night and wanting to provoke someone who they thought was a gang member into getting out guns blazing or driving off. I already had it verified by someone in their own faction and there were no callouts for that specific time. 

Question... have any gun-related criminal history or narcotics trafficking/smuggling criminal history in your record? If so, then they MAY send a K-9 on your vehicle due to your character's history.

Mine's on parole. He gets searched, thoroughly, due to his history. Less rights than the average gang-banger, but still gives them justification with reasonable suspicion.

3 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Question... have any gun-related criminal history or narcotics trafficking/smuggling criminal history in your record? If so, then they MAY send a K-9 on your vehicle due to your character's history.

Mine's on parole. He gets searched, thoroughly, due to his history. Less rights than the average gang-banger, but still gives them justification with reasonable suspicion.

No criminal history at all.

• Upvote 1