Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

2 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Sounds like it doesn't happen nearly as much as you claim, then, if you can't source a few examples to back up your claims.

If you want to believe that, go ahead. Didn't expect anything more from a port authority cop tbh. People like you side with law enforcement regardless of whether what they are doing is blatantly wrong or not. 

• Upvote 1

To the contrary, I go to some pretty exceptional lengths to try and find evidence supporting the claims from those I have discussions with. I read forum reports daily, and so far I haven't seen one punishment issued for driving away from a traffic stop as a consequence of "unrealistic escalation". Shootings? Yeah, that happens, but the idea of getting punished for driving away from a traffic stop is most likely hyperbole.

As long as you get to put on your port authority uniform and drive around the shipment area with no interruption, disruption of other roleplay within the community doesn't bother you. 

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

To the contrary, I go to some pretty exceptional lengths to try and find evidence supporting the claims from those I have discussions with. I read forum reports daily, and so far I haven't seen one punishment issued for driving away from a traffic stop as a consequence of "unrealistic escalation". Shootings? Yeah, that happens, but the idea of getting punished for driving away from a traffic stop is most likely hyperbole.

Yes it happens. Let me guess...you roleplay legal and think Davis is a cess pool.

Over enforcement is a thing, bud. And people have gotten in trouble for driving off after traffic stops, lol. Gun sniffing K9s are pulled out on almost every scene and it ruins the rp for everyone, for a simple traffic violation an officer can call a K9 unit over just to "check" on a vehicle knowing full well they want an easy arrest. It kills the rp and isnt fun at all.

These screenshots are taken from the PUBLIC IFM DISCORD.

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

There is a huge problem with gangs on this server, I'm not on their side. I think gang roleplay is at its worse right now, I think the server as a whole is at it's worse right now and I've openly expressed this. But I cannot call out one sides problems without calling out the other. The server's RP quality is DOGSHIT. And the way the admins can bend when realism applies to situations and make decisions on situations they barely understand adds onto the problem.

Edited by ZaE
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 2
2 hours ago, Jeroen said:

Now you're being obtuse, I said nothing like that. Maybe I should say it in a way that is easier for you to understand.

If you're wearing a mask not in Asia but in south central, you're being sussy wussy and you're probably the impostor among us.

Yeah, Asians wear those masks, all the time, even in the U.S.

4 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

Didn't expect anything more from a port authority cop tbh.

I'm Port Authority? News to me. Care to share where I've ever supported Port Authority?

3 minutes ago, ZaE said:

Let me guess...you roleplay legal and think Davis is a cess pool.

I used to run a quiet car theft ring, and I typically offer help to those that want to excel at it. As for Davis, I've actually been trying to help Property Management get more properties available, because they're a hot commodity that people won't even rent out, much less sell access to. Makes it hard for my Davis local to be a local without a home.

I used to run a quiet car theft ring, and I typically offer help to those that want to excel at it. As for Davis, I've actually been trying to help Property Management get more properties available, because they're a hot commodity that people won't even rent out, much less sell access to. Makes it hard for my Davis local to be a local without a home.

Sorry bro, I'm going to need to see links to forums, screenshots, and a 15 page word document to prove any of this. if I dont see it? it doesnt happen.

• Upvote 1

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

Thread getting locked in 3... 2... 1...