Unpopular Opinion: The Thread

BINGBONGBALONEY
Message added by Nightmare,
  On 5/13/2022 at 10:38 PM, Nightmare Night said:

Hey guys, if this thread continues in discussion of factions, it's going to be locked and archived. It's just faction bashing at this point with no constructive criticism, just pointless opinions to flame at factions they don't agree with. Continue with other topics.

13 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Not to the extent that wearing them anywhere outside of very specific work environments would be seen as anything less than being simultaneously weird and suspicious.

Not amongst Asian communities. It's within East-Asian cultures to wear those masks if they are ill or if an area is too polluted. It's a sign of collective respect and responsibility to wear one as "I do not want to infect the collective/community".

43 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Sure, but why would anyone wear an N95 inside their own car? 

Maybe because they want to? I roleplayed having the flu. Still should not result in 7 patrol cars, one consisting of a tactical element armed and brandishing rifles and a car being searched over a minor traffic offense such as failure to yield. Just seems like over kill and unrealistic in my opinion.

xBVltlu.png

Edited by jromjeksin
11 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

Suspicious because?...

Same reason you'd get suspicious glares if you walked around with a visibly functional flamethrower in an office - it has a time and a place, but those times and places are rare, and typically very specific. 

It was wildly uncommon in United States pre-covid culture. I always thought it was weird too, seeing as wearing masks when sick made a lot of sense, but from Montana to Alabama, coast to coast, people would stop me if I wore a mask when sick, and insist it was weird and unnecessary. 

8 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

I roleplayed having the flu.

Pre-covid, even violent illness wasn't an excuse to wear a mask. The idea was just that alien in the United States until Covid came rolling around.

Edited by DasFroggy
8 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Same reason you'd get suspicious glares if you walked around with a visibly functional flamethrower in an office - it has a time and a place, but those times and places are rare, and typically very specific. 

Visibly functional flamethrower in comparison to a N95 mask. I don't see your point. One is a weapon that can cause mass destruction, severe injury and death and the other is a medical mask that covers your nose and mouth. Right, I take it you are PD, SD, or a Park Ranger?

4 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

Visibly functional flamethrower in comparison to a N95 mask.

Alright, let me provide a better example - prior to covid, it was like seeing a doctor wearing a scuba tank in a retirement home. 

5 minutes ago, jromjeksin said:

I take it you are PD, SD, or a Park Ranger?

None of them, actually. 

1 minute ago, jromjeksin said:

Comparison still makes zero sense.

Because pre-covid, wearing a mask just didn't make sense to the public of the United States. It was a nonsensical gesture that people thought was weird and alien, and anyone who had legitimate understandings of the practical applications were still seen as making zero sense. Hell, even when covid came along, we had people find any possible excuse to say that it made zero sense.

That's the problem with coming from a different culture - not everything is going to make sense when you're looking from the outside, or trying to force something in from the outside. 

1 minute ago, DasFroggy said:

Because pre-covid, wearing a mask just didn't make sense to the public of the United States. It was a nonsensical gesture that people thought was weird and alien, and anyone who had legitimate understandings of the practical applications were still seen as making zero sense. Hell, even when covid came along, we had people find any possible excuse to say that it made zero sense.

That's the problem with coming from a different culture - not everything is going to make sense when you're looking from the outside, or trying to force something in from the outside. 

Still don't see the legal or even a logical justification for pulling someone out of a vehicle and searching it for being in possession of a N95 mask. While not suspected of committing a criminal offense.