Tackle system

/tackle was super cool on ls-rp and basically made it so that suspects actually stood a chance in a foot chase and it also made it look way better than a bunch of ppl firing taser shots left and right, missing and shooting over ppl, etc... lmao. i do think that only cops should have access to the command if it's implemented though because people like to abuse this one.

This is great an all but how would this be done? seems very powergame to force a player to the ground upon a tackle attempt. The player could rp'ly be twice the size of the officer, especially a female officer which would be WAY smaller. 

I have to go with a no on this one, it can be abused highly and doesn't give anyone much of a chance, not to mention the issues it could cause if done with multiple people surrounding, it might not tackle the right person, and if its made as "/tackle [name]" then it becomes even harder to type out and no one would really use it over a taser if its only implemented for LEO's, imagine if someone's name is "Quevenzhane" and others like it. LEO's can get on top of someone after they've been tased, I feel that's enough, and if anyone wants to tackle someone it can always be done with roleplay that gives the other person a chance to respond.

10 hours ago, Viscaria said:

I have to go with a no on this one, it can be abused highly and doesn't give anyone much of a chance, not to mention the issues it could cause if done with multiple people surrounding, it might not tackle the right person, and if its made as "/tackle [name]" then it becomes even harder to type out and no one would really use it over a taser if its only implemented for LEO's, imagine if someone's name is "Quevenzhane" and others like it. LEO's can get on top of someone after they've been tased, I feel that's enough, and if anyone wants to tackle someone it can always be done with roleplay that gives the other person a chance to respond.

I will go with that one. Not supporting either.

Edited by Swag
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Price locked this topic