Tackle system

definitely in favor of tackling instead of quick scoping someone with a taser from 20 ft away. it definitely gives criminal rpers to a chance to fight their way out the tackle, or even dodge it completely. besides that, i'm certain policies would be in effect for categorical use of force reports should a taser be deployed, so cops would be a lot more encouraged to tackle, or take someone down opposed to popping the confetti.

I agree with the fact that tasers are overused but simply the physics would prevent this from looking good, yeah it's good for RP but I reckon I'd look weird.

I don't mind it being added though, even if it's on a trial basis.

On 10/9/2021 at 3:51 AM, EDR said:

definitely in favor of tackling instead of quick scoping someone with a taser from 20 ft away. it definitely gives criminal rpers to a chance to fight their way out the tackle, or even dodge it completely. besides that, i'm certain policies would be in effect for categorical use of force reports should a taser be deployed, so cops would be a lot more encouraged to tackle, or take someone down opposed to popping the confetti.

Tasers have a pretty short range. 

i'm certain policies would be in effect for categorical use of force reports should a taser be deployed,

That's ridiculous. We see 10 shootouts a day on the server, if we had to make a use of force report every time we taze no one would play a LEO anymore. That's way too much paperwork. This is a RP server, not a dayjob.

I'm always in favor of allowing more non-lethal altercations. Let's not pretend we haven't seen a bar fight start where someone emotes tackling the other guy and he... gets out of the way? Is too tall? It leads to bar fights escalating on a script and admin level, because you tried to start a fist fight, and now they ran away and it's something else entirely. Obviously this is abhorrent roleplay and should be reported, but fights should be quick and easy without the need of admins, and a little script framework could ease that along. Imagine if you had to RP punches?
It might take some work to balance, and much more to sync properly, but I think the idea has legs. Maybe a system where you 'queue it up', and if you get within whisper range of the listed target within 3-5 seconds you enable the tackle, otherwise you have to wait a minute or five or something to keep it from getting spammed.

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2021 at 12:09 AM, Steezers said:

Lsrp flashbacks, give it to everyone tho lol imagine trying to tackle someone n being like /b bro im not a cop can u rp the tackle pls?

This. It's a must, I don't know why it's not a thing already, but please don't restrict it to cops only.

absolutely not.  do not make this restricted to cops and how would you possible be able to make this functionable without having to type in a command like LSRP on SAMP where you had to type /tackle and shit.  Typing /tackle I wouldn't say takes up to much time but it could just be a mess overall. 

• Price locked this topic