Tackle system

1 minute ago, Smilesville said:

Don't know if I'm willing to risk the inevitable report that would come after a stunt like that.

What we really need to do is just port the RDR2 melee combat system.

Sure, I know it's impossible, but it's a nice dream.

If roleplayed properly there’s nothing to worry about.

2 minutes ago, Rozi said:

My point is that one man's "innovative use of mechanics" is another man's "script abuse," no matter how well roleplayed. I've been cautioned against a particular input you can use to get around the otherwise indomitable blocking system, despite the fact it's entirely realistic.

14 hours ago, Rozi said:

you ever see anyone on this server roleplay being tackled without just running away to his closest vehicle and drive off like jason statham?

sure, some people do rp.

majority dont and they dont because it's hard to prove it. you got no time to report, some people cannot afford to record their gameplay the whole time, so those people get away unpunished.

and then even if proven the most that happens is that an admin resets the situation and that's all

Edited by zaXer.
  • 1 month later...

Definitely needed. Right now, the only option for Law Enforcement to stop someone is using the taser (Beanbag shotgun excluded due to desync and 1 out of 10 or so pallets doing the actual script hit out of the spread). For security companies and civilians alike, there is nothing as they do not have access to tasers as saying "just roleplay the tackle" is not viable in a dynamic situation. You (regardless of what job/role your character has) have to stop to type in an, ideally, descriptive emote. By the time the person running away from you is at least two blocks away and certainly not willing to roleplay the tackle (even up close aka "You weren't next to me when you did that emote.").

The issue of desync with fist fights / tackles should not be as much once the server adapts Rage 1.1 soon™.

Edited by orca112
  • Price locked this topic