Tackle system

5 minutes ago, orca112 said:

OP might not have been clear enough - it is not a suggestion exclusively for law enforcement characters, but for everyone to be able to use /tackle as a command. It is certainly doable to add such command / "mode" and I would love to see it. Not only does law enforcement benefit with having another option between tasing and shooting a suspect, but it also brings in new possibilities for civilian and illegal roleplayers - chasing down a person and tackling them, security pinning down a troublemaker, fights, etc...

This is a must for a bails bonds faction to actually start because civilians aren't allowed to have stun guns currently. Dead people can't really pay their bail can they? This really needs to be a system for all or maybe potentially as an application for factions or something. I don't want to see this locked to PD. 

Edited by HerpToTheDerp
Wordinggg
1 hour ago, khaled said:

this isnt only for police genius, idk if u read the topic before posting but it says it’s for everyone. this also balances it out and makes foot pursuits more fair for criminals, something needed rn considering the stun gun is op.

Who else would need this command other than police?

There's always gonna be command abuse, everyone abused an command once, so instead of being against it come up with ways to prevent it.

I can see this helping with gang role-play and LEO role-play since for one, if someone tries running from a cop tazers do not have to be a sole option. For gang role-play this could make fights a bit more interesting if its used fairly and correctly. Though the key press should only be enable if both people are running and are a reasonable distance to each other.

14 minutes ago, Juicy said:

Who else would need this command other than police?

Read up a bit. This would 100 percent make sense for a bail bonds company. Especially considering there's no tasers available for civilian's. There's plenty of other use cases too but that's the one that's strongest in my eyes. 

So people would rather get stun gunned in a foot pursuit which practically ends them within 5-10 seconds rather than actual LEO role-players offering more of a fairer advantage to criminal role-players by making it so that they can get tackled in foot pursuits (which is how most foot pursuits end in real life anyway). This provides more of an interesting and exhilarating experience for both parties rather than a game of "who can pop the criminal in the back with the taser first?".

On 10/27/2020 at 2:13 AM, Swag said:

Not a fan of that system...

As much as I don't like calling people out for petty things, most of your responses on suggestions are literally not more than a max of 15 words. Could you rather than post farming and discrediting actual good suggestions that can benefit the server, actually give some depth to as why you're not a fan of this system or why it may be a bit confusing? If you're not a fan of it you should definitely be able to give a good reason for why that is.

Edited by Blowin' Hollows
  • Upvote 1

/tackle should open up a radius around the player that the tackler must enter and stay within, if the tackler falls out of the radius after entering it the tackle fails and they'll be forced to /tackle again.

Not too sure on how long they'd have to stay within the radius but I'd say a solid 2 - 3 secs would be fine if you're required to be close.

Would love to see a tackle system implemented though, think both sides of the law can say a taze just as someone takes off running is underwhelming to say the very least.

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST