Tackle system

Short description: Tackle system

Detailed description: Player does /tackle and is then placed into a mode where when they get right next to a player (or punch them), not sure which one would be better, the player they punch or are next to gets automatically /anim prone'd.  /tackle to disable.

Commands to add: /tackle

How would your suggestion improve the server? Let police use /tackle instead of tasers, more realism. Players can also use it, for whatever reason they may require.

Edited by Sacred
Just now, Max3 said:

Imagine the sync. also I'd say that it wouldn't be rp'd to the point it should

if there was strict regulations on when/how it could be used sure

I didn't keep the sync in mind, but, I'm sure if this IS implemented, it'll be restricted to police only

• Upvote 1

Ah yes. Another cop update. Another way to give cops an advantage. 

Not like weve had a cop update every few weeks for the past couple months. We definently  need more. And we should restrict it to PD as pd are gods unable to ever abuse things or break rules.

(Sarcasm)

• Upvote 6
  • Applaud 2

I would like to note that this post was originally meant to make the command available to everyone, not just police. I think we've all forgotten that this isn't an open community—it requires quite a lengthy application to join, and to the point that players have access to commands like /fixrevive, I'm sure the management of the server would have no problem making this available to everyone.

6 hours ago, Sacred said:

Let police use /tackle instead of tasers, more realism. Players can also use it, for whatever reason they may require.

Even with a /tackle command, they would still use the tazer. I already see cops RPly tackle people on the ground. Tackling isn't an alternative to tazering, they are both seperate things used in different situations, and your assumption that tackling is more realistic than tazering is wrong.

6 hours ago, Max3 said:

Imagine the sync. also I'd say that it wouldn't be rp'd to the point it should

Also the time to write /tackle is inefficient 

An alternative to typing the command could be pressing Y. So for example, if you are running behind someone, you can press Y when you catch up to him to tackle.

A rule should be put in place allowing the use of the tackle without RP if the target is running away from you, but if he is static, it should be RPed. 

Edited by Morgan

Advanced issue found

2 hours ago, Tennplugg said:

I still don't want to see this, people can RP tackling people, there's no need for an animation or a script to do this.

You can't RP it in a foot pursuit, which is the scenario in which this script will be used mostly.