Tackle system

Make it so it has both pros and cons to it. Don’t allow the tackle command to be 100% successful, change the probability of the tackle of actually going through so it benefits both sides. The individual attempting the tackle knows the risk involved. If they make an attempt and it fails, the other person gets a few extra seconds to get away. I think if it was set up with a even playing field it could be great for everyone involved. Similarly to flipping a coin. 

example:

A male was seen assaulting people at the Davis gas station. A cop pulls up and a foot pursuit ensues. As the cop gets closer to the male he uses the cmd/hotkey to make the tackle attempt. As the probability is 50/50, the cop knows the risks involved. He makes the attempt and fails, leaving him on the ground for a few extra seconds. Resulting in the runner having the extra time to get away. 

Alternatively, if it was successful he catches the guy. 

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Jaxium said:

If this gets implemented, it should be allowed for civilians too. It should also be modified by two things, the health of the player you're tackling (the lower the easier ofc) and a random hidden roll between the two players.

There should also be a bit of a cooldown between tackles.

Grappling and group tackling/grappling can also be a possibility.

As much as I'd love to see grappling being roleplayed, I highly doubt that with how disconnected some players are from reality, they'd be able to roleplay grappling. Just look at fistfights, an objectively easier thing to roleplay than grappling, and how poorly rp'ed those are /me rushes XYZ, /me dodges the punches and throws one in X's nose. 

Imagine them trying to roleplay a double leg takedown or even worse, a single...

I like the first suggestion of having a random modifier to dictate the outcome of the tackle, though.

Has my full support just like the previous one.

For those complaining “oh another PD update” legit I really don’t understand you guys, civilians get updates probably 2-3x more than police factions, and even sometimes more than police factions as some of them have been waiting on scripts for months, however, I digress.

OP clearly stated it should be for everyone, great. Some may say it can be abused, let’s be real, this server gives you so many commands that can be abused if you really wanted to fuck people’s roleplay up (the /fix commands being a huge contender) I doubt a /tackle command will be the sole cause of abuse from trolls.

Additionally, I think that this command should only work whilst running as really it should just be a quick replacement of /me tackles *name* which some people do sometimes as there’s no time to write a fully detailed /me during it.

Edited by Blowin' Hollows
  • 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, u10sil said:

The day that everything is supported by a script action script is the day that roleplay becomes RPG.

We have /me and /do for a reason.

Not in favor of this.

Good luck trying to throw out a /me mid chasing someone on foot, let alone the other party to notice or respond to said emote whilst running.

inb4 "But you was 30 meters away!"

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, orca112 said:

Good luck trying to throw out a /me mid chasing someone on foot, let alone the other party to notice or respond to said emote whilst running.

inb4 "But you was 30 meters away!"

31 minutes ago, effion said:

Yes plz if doable.

To clarify what doable means = good sync, can be coded, low priority.

I'd like to see some actual tackles so there'd be incentive to actually chase the person down instead of having to shoot/taze them.

Edited by effion
6 minutes ago, Juicy said:

No, I don’t think police need yet another update. They have enough already. 

OP might not have been clear enough - it is not a suggestion exclusively for law enforcement characters, but for everyone to be able to use /tackle as a command. It is certainly doable to add such command / "mode" and I would love to see it. Not only does law enforcement benefit with having another option between tasing and shooting a suspect, but it also brings in new possibilities for civilian and illegal roleplayers - chasing down a person and tackling them, security pinning down a troublemaker, fights, etc...