Walk around more

TinPan

2 minutes ago, Yoak said:

If you feel like thats the case, then report it? It's not rocket-science

Not really, I never carried a gun to begin with. Just tired to see robbers going for the waist every time they catch someone. Do you know how they rob people in my neck of the woods? They grab you beat you or tackle you down and pick your pockets, then they quickly run away. No "hollup hands up" or any of that bullshit.

2 hours ago, Flippy said:

Referring to random robberies; I don't see why so many players afraid of losing their scripted items. It's still roleplay, it still has to do something with your character's development, emotions. Depending on the character, you can take a robbery rp in plenty of directions and usually provides more and more opportunities for other situations to unfold due to robbery and your character's fears. Seeing hella young characters driving everyday around saying "oo yea, i took my uncle's / momma's car" is delusional and unrealistic in my opinion. I know it takes some time from your online activity but I don't get why do people have to rush and avoid negative roleplay situations. It's still rp come on.

I don't get why you instantaneously go for the script item argument.

I've never been mugged when driving, only when walking/standing still. 

If your character gets mugged, they'll obviously try to prevent it in the future.

I fully support this! Personally, my own legs cant support my bodyweight while walking in real life, let alone getting out of bed! It makes me happy to see that my character is not a disfunctional obese individual who is not reliant on others to wipe his ass!

6 hours ago, Flippy said:

Referring to random robberies; I don't see why so many players afraid of losing their scripted items. It's still roleplay, it still has to do something with your character's development, emotions. Depending on the character, you can take a robbery rp in plenty of directions and usually provides more and more opportunities for other situations to unfold due to robbery and your character's fears. Seeing hella young characters driving everyday around saying "oo yea, i took my uncle's / momma's car" is delusional and unrealistic in my opinion. I know it takes some time from your online activity but I don't get why do people have to rush and avoid negative roleplay situations. It's still rp come on.

My character isn't stupid. She knows Vespucci is dangerous. She is aware that she is an easy target. She knows she that simply walking around could attract the attention of criminals who may decided to mug/kidnap her. My character is currently only living in Vespucci because it's closer to her job, she really doesn't like it here. She is always paranoid of being robbed. So, it makes perfect sense for her (character-wise) to always drive everywhere. Sure, she can still be robbed. But being in a vehicle is a lot more safe and makes her a less easy target compared to her just walking.

Look, I'm 100% down to engage in negative criminal RP when it happens. But I'm just saying, my character driving everywhere instead of walking is backed up character-wise. She would rather spend gas money and drive home, knowing she'll be a lot safer, than walk. Of course, my character can still be robbed when using a vehicle, but it's still much safer than just walking. That being said, my character is planning on getting a CCW license, so maybe this'll change when she can be armed.

For me, it's an IC thing. She knows Vespeccu is dangerous, so she drives more instead of walking everywhere. Essentially what you're trying to say is that I should diverge from what my character would realistically do, just so I can participate in some Robbery RP.

19 hours ago, ChromaticDeath said:

This is a great idea if this server wasn't Night City. Unfortunately people literally cannot live one second without running a poorly roleplayed armed robbery on the side of the road, so it's really not feasible. You try to go for a walk and you are a bag of money with legs. God forbid your character is female, because not only will you be robbed, you probably might get kidnapped and hit with a rape request. 

I'll start walking as soon as the server stops being worse than Brazil on motorobbers and drive-up shakedowns. Until then? Catch me inside, how bout that.

Big over exaggeration.

• Upvote 1

It is what happened to LSRP and GTA:W follows suit. The abnormal high crime rate and regular incidents of poor quality robberies (cashgrab, PF gun grab, robbery META & lately robberies on hunters) just discourage a great part of the community to do anything in the exterior world. As a result, people minimalize their interactions on the outside and roleplay shifts into interiors, safe spaces. This is sad, especially seeing as what GTA V has to offer with its large variety of locations.

What is brought up is "Just don't carry any items on you." or "People just care about losing their script assets." - yes, this might be true for a portion of the server, but I would argue that the majority of the playerbase and especially those roleplaying outside the cops and robbers spectrum simply do not wish to put up with these things on a regular basis. You experience the lowest roleplay standard, are forced into it and have to roleplay consequences of it accordingly - general fear, reporting the robbery to police, receiving new items (mainly phone & especially rebuilding the contact list.) simply because someone has nothing better than do to get on a blacked out Torrence or BF400 to go asset grabbing with copy-paste emotes to auto-win every situation.

"But this doesn't happen all the time." - the fact that it "feels like" it happens all the time based on various complaints, experiences, regular discussions on the forums and reports down to regular administrative punishments about unrealistic robberies in chat is reason enough to not bother picking up on it.

This is a man-made issue, or more specifically amongst the playerbase. Civilian characters are essentially walking wallets, the punching bag for the rest of the community. It is only natural that they do not want to put up with it and minimize the risk of being involved in such situations. Walking in public, regardless of your character ("Your character is XY and/or wears Z, no surprise they get robbed!") is thus becoming a liability.

From personal experience, it does not matter who, where or what your character is. If one is out for script gain and PF snatches, they will target you one way or another - public locations, remote locations or safezones - male, female, attack helicopter - armed, unarmed - rich, poor - it simply does not matter.

• Visiting Vespucci Beach in the afternoon/evening as single male with 100 bucks and an iPhone 3? Blacked out 4-deep Torrence rolling up on you into the sand demanding to "Run your pockets, yo!" whilst at gunpoint of 4 different handguns.
  • Male worker parking their van on a parking lot instead of right outfront the establishment they wish to go to? Duo on a dirt bike rolling up on one demanding to "Empty your pockets, yo!"
  • Trucker accepting their delivery at the Jetsam Terminal? Blacked out van rolling up demanding cash with a copy paste /me aims gun at head whilst the person is in the process of loading up their truck.
  • Female civilian exiting their apartment and walking down three meters on the sidewalk in a populated area two blocks from a police station? Masked man with a baseball bat running up on them demanding cash.
Edited by orca112
typo
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

Walking around is great. I've even done it at night around a whole list of different areas without getting robbed and if I were to get robbed it'd probably be a cool expierence.

Though I've been robbed a few too many times during daylight in public places. Which is pretty dumb.

6 hours ago, Coburn said:

If your character gets mugged, they'll obviously try to prevent it in the future.

If u get mugged irl do u try to stop it happening in the future by never walking anywhere? Makes no sense personally.

As someone said before, anyone talking about the crime rate is exaggerating.

• Wuhtah locked this topic