Walk around more

TinPan

17 minutes ago, NIGHTBOY said:

The real problem I see here is the OOC encouraging to "be fine with robberies." Instead, why not encourage people to walk more through platforms such as Facebrowser? This is an opportunity to rally communities and let them put pressure on LSPD to keep their neighbourhoods safe. People have different experiences. Just couple days ago, my civilian char stepped outside of his apartment and met the aftermath of a shootout. Dead bodies on the ground, cops all over the place. I was actually instructed to go back inside. And that was Morningwood.

Problem is that it is rather OOC problem, instead of IC one. Settled in factions and gangs know all too well, that constant robberies won't help any character development and they don't even do those. Some people use methhead excuse for such content, some at least try to plan bits of it. But many of these robberies end up in report section for whatever reason. Problem here is, that many people tend to view robberies as "grab a free gun" stuff. That is actually why they happen. It is not entirely IC problem. Prime example would be hunting feature. As soon as it started, there were sightings of robbers driving lowered sedans all the way from Los Santos up to Mount Chilliad only to take a shot at potential hunting rifle.

This is the sad reality of it.  And thanks to this people who actually would roleplay robberies are suffering beneath tons of half-assed gun grabs.

Referring to random robberies; I don't see why so many players afraid of losing their scripted items. It's still roleplay, it still has to do something with your character's development, emotions. Depending on the character, you can take a robbery rp in plenty of directions and usually provides more and more opportunities for other situations to unfold due to robbery and your character's fears. Seeing hella young characters driving everyday around saying "oo yea, i took my uncle's / momma's car" is delusional and unrealistic in my opinion. I know it takes some time from your online activity but I don't get why do people have to rush and avoid negative roleplay situations. It's still rp come on.

Edited by Flippy
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Referring to random robberies; I don't see why so many players afraid of losing their scripted items. It's still roleplay, it still has to do something with your character's development, emotions. Depending on the character, you can take a robbery rp in plenty of directions and usually provides more and more opportunities for other situations to unfold due to robbery and your character's fears. Seeing hella young characters driving everyday around saying "oo yea, i took my uncle's / momma's car" is delusional and unrealistic in my opinion. I know it takes some time from your online activity but I don't get why do people have to rush and avoid negative roleplay situations. It's still rp come on.

this ^^

It’s understandable that rp is rp but unless you live in a third world country or the islands I just don’t see robberies being made in motorcycles at a state thats based off in America any realistic.

Yeah people get robbed and what but there’s a time and sometimes a place to commit these kinda things. Even drug addicts/methheads do a lot more bat shit crazy things than just “robbing” people.

1 hour ago, Flippy said:

Do I need to repeat myself? Most robberies are OOC driven "gun grabs", with next to zero roleplay and effort invested in. Next time somebody pats my waist to check a gun I will pat their head to check if everything's okay there. We are talking about 800 players wide city with majority being criminals, the crime rate is higher then in El Salvador and that's not IC issue.

I am not american no, but I spent a year in Detroit back in 90s. Never was robbed, not even once.

Edited by Engelbert
1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

Do I need to repeat myself? Most robberies are OOC driven "gun grabs", with next to zero roleplay and effort invested in. Next time somebody pats my waist to check a gun I will pat their head to check if everything's okay there. We are talking about 800 players wide city with majority being criminals, the crime rate is higher then in El Salvador and that's not IC issue.

If you feel like thats the case, then report it? It's not rocket-science

You got a point, current crime rate's state is sadly unrealistic that's true but we can't really do anything about it for now I guess. Just by avoiding such situations we will not solve anything, if there's zero roleplay and effort invested in you can still make a report about it. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic