Walk around more

TinPan

20 hours ago, Garras Up said:

As someone said before, anyone talking about the crime rate is exaggerating.

8 hours ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

Holy fuck the over exaggerating here is actually mind boggling.

Oh boy, here I go killing again...

This has actually been a point of focus and study recently, with input from both OOC administrative and IC police input regarding the actual count of crimes each day. This was surprisingly not easy to track, as nobody until recently stopped to consider establishing a system for actually tracking crimes.

So I used the only one that has been set up in a way that can easily be tracked - CKs.

Every time someone is CK'd, their name is posted up in an announcement for everyone in the server to see. Hands down, almost a hilarious coincidence that the most easily tracked crime in the city of Los Santos, is also one of the most terrible and rare crimes overall.

Tracking these server-wide reports, I found out that there was an average of five CK's every day. That's right, five people are murdered in our city each day, and that's just what's reported by the staff!

So, if we compare that to the yearly murder count of one of the most dangerous countries in the world, liiiiike... Colombia with roughly three hundred and fifty or so murders a year amongst their entire population...

...in terms of murder alone, specifically CK's alone, our city population of one thousand five hundred, murders five times as many people as the ENTIRE COUNTRY of Colombia. 

There's no exaggeration here. If anything, it's significantly downplayed, because I've completely discounted PK's, which happen far more frequently. How much do you think that number is going to change when I actually find out the total sum of PK's that occur?

5 hours ago, Greyfeather said:

"Exaggerated"? 

What game are you playing?

I've literally underreported the total killings of our city, and somehow Los Santos is STILL more dangerous than a third world country known for rampant crime, mass graves, and corruption.

The only ones here exaggerating are the criminals.

Edited by DasFroggy

everyone in this thread needs to just jump in game more, walk about and stop complaining about losing their 5k when they have over $500,000 in assets and shit. Play the game to play, not to win. So what if you get robbed? It's character development.

If you're scared of people snatching your PF guns, just don't carry them on a simple beach walk, it's really not that hard

1 minute ago, Yoak said:

everyone in this thread needs to just jump in game more, walk about and stop complaining about losing their 5k when they have over $500,000 in assets and shit. Play the game to play, not to win. So what if you get robbed? It's character development.

If you're scared of people snatching your PF guns, just don't carry them on a simple beach walk, it's really not that hard

Last time I willingly tried to offer over my money and valuables to muggers, my character was strip searched and beat to unconsciousness.

Sort of hard to "just walk about and stop complaining" when said walks lead to a week in the hospital.

2 minutes ago, DasFroggy said:

Last time I willingly tried to offer over my money and valuables to muggers, my character was strip searched and beat to unconsciousness.

Sort of hard to "just walk about and stop complaining" when said walks lead to a week in the hospital.

so what? That's IC, it's character development. If you feel like someone is oocly targeting you, you are able to report them.

The point of this thread is to bring attention to people walking in the server and how people should do it more, not to over exaggerate the crime rates in busy/open places. Most muggings will go smoothly if said muggee didn't act like superman and give the small group of teens lip. Just my two cents.

anyway, lets stay on topic, walk more or ur lazy

Edited by Yoak
Just now, Yoak said:

The point of this thread is to bring attention to people walking in the server and how people should do it more, not to over exaggerate the crime rates

There are actual numbers provided, the crime rate isn't being exaggerated. Anyone claiming otherwise at this point is either ignorant or lying.

The extreme rates of crime have been proven as fact.

2 minutes ago, Yoak said:

Most muggings will go smoothly if said muggee didn't act like superman and give the small group of teens lip.

My character has never resisted a mugging, or even so much as bad-mouthed her attackers. Each occasion of handing over money and valuables has resulted in hospitalization.

Just now, DasFroggy said:

There are actual numbers provided, the crime rate isn't being exaggerated. Anyone claiming otherwise at this point is either ignorant or lying.

The extreme rates of crime have been proven as fact.

been on the server since early 2018. Haven't been mugged since 2019. Are they still a proven fact. I ride/walk almost everywhere on all three of my characters and never seem to get into said muggings. I'm not saying it doesn't happen but it physically can't be that bad and if it was, SURELY management would step in, SURELY

3 minutes ago, Yoak said:

so what? That's IC, it's character development. If you feel like someone is oocly targeting you, you are able to report them.

The point of this thread is to bring attention to people walking in the server and how people should do it more, not to over exaggerate the crime rates in busy/open places. Most muggings will go smoothly if said muggee didn't act like superman and give the small group of teens lip. Just my two cents.

anyway, lets stay on topic, walk more or ur lazy

I hope you are not for real, honestly. I roleplay a drifter character, who literally has nothing just his clothes. And everytime when people realize he doesn't have a phone or 2k dollars in him, they will just beat him and strip to underwear. That's outright OOC stupidity, cause that was their aim in first place, robbery is mostly an excuse people use to harrass others. Which is why most of people actually give up on roleplaying outside and just use cars or roleplay indoors.

Just now, Yoak said:

The point of this thread is to bring attention to people walking in the server and how people should do it more

This.

I made this thread with this exact intention in mind, because not only does it make more sense to walk around and use parking lots like regular human beings do in real life; but because it also enormously helps to make the city as a whole feel alive when you see people engaging publically outdoors in roleplay and just walking around versus 1/3 of the server population being tucked away indoors and not engaging in the society around them like... well, like normal people do. The majority of people in real life aren't hermits.

I'd much rather prefer things get back on track as opposed to people using the crime rate as an excuse to not roleplay properly like a normal human being in society.

Just now, Yoak said:

been on the server since early 2018. Haven't been mugged since 2019.

Cool, I'll add that to the total sum of three personal anecdotes provided by criminals so far, and totally deem it solid evidence through which to confirm that the administrators are liars. 

You could be capable of flight and conjuring rainbows - your one personal experience, your personal testimony doesn't stand up against hard numbers provided by the server itself.

3 minutes ago, Yoak said:

I ride/walk almost everywhere on all three of my characters and never seem to get into said muggings.

I routinely jog ingame, and walk through a variety of regions. Occasionally I even hike through the forests. I'm not going to profess that they happen every day, but they do happen more than they should, and in places where they really shouldn't. The whole hunting rifle theft ring is good indication of that.

5 minutes ago, Yoak said:

I'm not saying it doesn't happen but it physically can't be that bad and if it was, SURELY management would step in, SURELY

They are actually. The administration has been banning and ajailing criminals on almost a daily basis in the forests. That hunting rifle theft debacle is still happening.

Also, on topic - jogging is fun, and free running is surprisingly well accommodated in Los Santos. I wish more people would try it.

• Wuhtah locked this topic