Walk around more

TinPan

On 4/18/2021 at 2:46 AM, HaveADream said:

Very much enjoy this, hope to see more people walking around. I think getting some sort of public transport is useful too.

I mean no one will use public transport when they have their own cars...

But yeah, a few of my friends, and me, started walking this weekend. It's actually good idea, and enjoyable. Hope we'll see more people walking around. 

If it's fitting for the character, sure. But you do realize maybe people TRY walking around, and end up getting held at gun/knife point instead? That's why my main character stopped walking places, she's been robbed like 10 times. And well, realistically we are playing in an American setting, most people don't walk around often, unless its a specific area maybe. You take your car and do things, get in your car and go. That's the American way baby, we all lazy and fat.

9 hours ago, Garras Up said:

If u get mugged irl do u try to stop it happening in the future by never walking anywhere? Makes no sense personally.

As someone said before, anyone talking about the crime rate is exaggerating.

Irl you don’t get mugged about 10 times a week if you go walking. 

Can you please prove that crime rate is exaggerated? So far, the amount of 911 calls, the amount of complaints here and the amount of times I’ve personally been robbed says the opposite. 

9 hours ago, Garras Up said:

If u get mugged irl do u try to stop it happening in the future by never walking anywhere? Makes no sense personally.

I would lower my need for walking yes, that's pretty obvious. 

12 hours ago, Garras Up said:

In less than a month, I've had characters kidnapped twice just to be robbed, and robbed at gunpoint another time. I don't think you know what you're talking about.

1. In my first hour on the server - robbed (at night).

2. Kidnapped, robbed and stabbed walking out of a car dealership in Paleto Bay (during the day).

3. Kidnapped and robbed walking in Paleto Bay (at night).

4. Ran from someone trying to kidnap my character in Sandy Shores (at night, but very early evening).

5. Stopped running down at Vespucci because gang members down there kept trailing my character, cat calling, and getting hostile when she tried to ignore them (really didn't matter what time of day).

6. My friend and I were assaulted in Vespucci because he's a gay character (during the day).

7. My friend had to kill two guys in Vespucci who followed him and threatened him with a knife in a carpark (during the day).

8. My friend had to kill a guy and seriously wound the other because they jumped him near the Chumash convenience store (during the day).

"Exaggerated"? 

What game are you playing?

The homophobia and sexism portrayed in the game is remarkable for how open and publicly portrayed that it is. Characters will stop walking places if they don't feel safe - for example, my character no longer runs at Vespucci.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Greyfeather said:

1. In my first hour on the server - robbed (at night).

2. Kidnapped, robbed and stabbed walking out of a car dealership in Paleto Bay (during the day).

3. Kidnapped and robbed walking in Paleto Bay (at night).

4. Ran from someone trying to kidnap my character in Sandy Shores (at night, but very early evening).

5. Stopped running down at Vespucci because gang members down there kept trailing my character, cat calling, and getting hostile when she tried to ignore them (really didn't matter what time of day).

6. My friend and I were assaulted in Vespucci because he's a gay character (during the day).

7. My friend had to kill two guys in Vespucci who followed him and threatened him with a knife in a carpark (during the day).

8. My friend had to kill a guy and seriously wound the other because they jumped him near the Chumash convenience store (during the day).

"Exaggerated"? 

What game are you playing?

The homophobia and sexism portrayed in the game is remarkable for how open and publicly portrayed that it is. Characters will stop walking places if they don't feel safe - for example, my character no longer runs at Vespucci.

I roleplay a white redhead teen living in South LS, and i never experienced any of those things. My roleplay started as just walking to the stores and engaging in conversations.

And yes, there is sexism, but my character just plays along trying not to get into troubles in a gang infested environment, it has worked so far.

Edited by Lurleen
  • Wuhtah locked this topic