Server Rules: Questions and Answers

Is it possible to get a little clarification on a couple of things on the new robbery rules please?

Under the section on mugging

• you're using a vehicle in an unplanned petty mugging for quick cash, unless admin approved;

I don't understand what that means, you can't rob someone if you're in a vehicle full stop?  I'll say I'm all for that, but I don't think it's entirely clear.

Motels are not included under this rule, leave items in a motel at your own risk as they can be taken by anyone.

Does this now mean the slew of reports and refund requests for items stolen from motels will now always be denied? I've seen reports end both ways under admin discretion as nothing was listed, but I feel like realistically - nobody would be able to rent a motel room that has someone's stuff already in it?  

You may use /vbreakin to rob any vehicle, this brings up a minigame for you to complete using a lockpick. You must roleplay breaking into the vehicle before or after beginning the minigame, but not when you are already within the vehicle. You may then use /hotwire to roleplay hotwiring the vehicle, this must be done before or after you use the command, but not when you have already driven away.

This one leaves a lot of room for interpretation, especially when it comes to so-called crime grinders that break into a vehicle, /vtitems and skidaddle without any or minimal roleplay;

• Does that mean you have to roleplay breaking into a car before / during the minigame?
  • Does that exempt the /vbreakin & /hotwire command from the general presendence of "You have to do the full roleplay before using script commands" in the powergaming rules?
  • Does that mean there is no roleplay required of searching a vehicle after breaking in, or if a vehicle is found unlocked to begin with?
  • Does that mean /hotwire replaces any roleplay around the process of hotwiring a vehicle?
  • 2 weeks later...

Could we get a official statement from the staff team on how long you're to RP hospital stays/ how long you can time skip?

If there's no one in the hospital and I go there for treatment, am I good to NPC it and leave and then time skip, providing I don't interact with any other parties that caused my injuries or? I'm just looking for clarification on the whole ordeal.

56 minutes ago, Zach.. said:

Could we get a official statement from the staff team on how long you're to RP hospital stays/ how long you can time skip?

If there's no one in the hospital and I go there for treatment, am I good to NPC it and leave and then time skip, providing I don't interact with any other parties that caused my injuries or? I'm just looking for clarification on the whole ordeal.

It's being discussed as I type this message, for an "official" ruling.

11 hours ago, Pillsbury said:

It's being discussed as I type this message, for an "official" ruling.

why is it being enforced without any kind of ruling tho. how is it expected of players to understand exactly what they can and can't do when situations aren't properly outlined

• Upvote 4
  • Applaud 1
12 hours ago, Jain said:

Is there any clarification towards drive-bys? As in, when and if it's OK to shoot while driving or riding a motorcycle?

It's unrealistic to both drive and shoot from bike. So the answer would be that it's not really ever OK to both drive (move) and shoot from bicycle/motorcycle.

Edited by .George
3 minutes ago, .George said:

It's unrealistic to both drive and shoot from bike. So the answer would be that it's not really ever OK to both drive (move) and shoot from bicycle/motorcycle.

I understand where you're coming from with this but I need something official.