Server Rules: Questions and Answers

15 minutes ago, Mahitto said:

Not that I'd complain, it would greatly benefit my criminal character

Pretty sure that was the admin's thought process too. If the rest of the staff signed off on it something's terribly wrong.

Might as well take PD's guns and turn us into British Police at this point

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 2

This topic is for questions about the rules, not conversation. Pillsbury already stated that LFM will clarify the ruling soon on the report itself. The overall objective is to find a balance between what's realistic and what's fair in the game environment we have. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/11/2022 at 8:42 PM, Israel said:

Under the Anti Crime Zone rule it lists customization areas in the bullet list of areas that are considered a No Crime Zone, does this include areas where you can customize vehicles via the Garage Menu? IE: Auto Exotic, Fukaro Automotive, etc.

No I don't think so not when you are unloading crates and in the middle of the night, and not using it for customization.

This would also apply to the same theory of running into a clothing store to avoid being robbed or attack etc.

On 3/23/2022 at 6:11 PM, Zach.. said:

Can an admin please clarify if we are or are not to RP a population, or pretend there's NPC's around? I have seen multiple admins says we should take into account a realistic population, while others say we dont.

Bump

I'm not sure if it's been covered before, but I really want to know a definitive answer as to how exactly combat/fights should unfold.

What is a proper way two players should engage in a fight/combat? Does it happen through scripts only with the reliance of /ame for weapon scripts? Is it fine for one to /me a punch only for them to immediately do so via script? Or should the two players mutually /me before any scripted fighting/combat happens?

If an answer is found, I really believe it should be put to the rules so that people don't have to assume how it works.

Edited by Mistery14

Can an admin please clarify if we are or are not to RP a population, or pretend there's NPC's around? I have seen multiple admins says we should take into account a realistic population, while others say we dont.

Tagging @honey. as I think this is an IFM question. I know it was originally ruled by Bospy to only take into account people who are online but it definitely needs revisiting. In its current form, things just don’t make sense. If it’s been changed, I haven’t seen anyone officially announce it. Would be greatly appreciated 🙏

Edited by Brofessor
1 hour ago, Israel said:

All of the fights I've ever seen in game usually start off with the attacker using a single /me to initiate the fight, then from there it's just trading blows in-game until someone gives up or is knocked down. 

That sounds like it's the norm, yeah. But the question really is, "How are fights supposed to happen?" as opposed to "How do fights happen"? - I'm sure that people get ajailed/banned over poor fight RP, surely it happens, but in that case, is it at admin discretion whether or not they think it's poor RP or not or is it a clear-cut rule that people can read and acknowledge? All of this is just super vague. There's no definitive answer as to how fights/combat should occur, all I know is "Small weapons such as blades, hammers and pistols can be scrolled."

I don't see anywhere that states that weapon scrolling makes people exempt from roleplaying with /me's. Does /ame count as a /me even though it's an automated action that happens when someone equips a weapon? In that case, why can't truck deliverers rely on those as well to drop off crates? I mean, you know, if it counts as RP, might as well, you know?

Because all of this leads to is someone is going to want to RP with a /me, and the other party will just scroll and shoot their gun like it's RDR2 to get the upper hand as the other is trying to RP the encounter. Sure, it's combat, there's not many different outcomes aside from injury or death when it comes to two people shooting at each other and a /me isn't going to change that outcome, but why would that be excuse to not /me these things even if the outcome is the same?

Let me highlight a Powergaming example real quick. This either needs more clarification or this needs to be re-written, because this is very unclear and allows people to do what ever they want.

2) Powergaming

It is not allowed to perform actions which would not be possible in real life either, this is not limited to roleplay through /me. It is not allowed to force actions upon another player. You are not allowed to roleplay a non-player character.

• Roleplay through a /me to lift up a truck.
  • Jumping from height and not roleplaying the consequences from your fall.
  • Roleplay through a /me to shoot a player with the result of the player ending up dead in the process
  • Looting a stash without properly roleplaying its description (nor knowing about it)

• 2 weeks later...

bump

10 hours ago, Zach.. said:

bump

If the rule says that the ingame population is the real one, thus allowing you to do a daylight shooting in the middle of the street, then it's ridiculous to expect players to imagine the city is bustling in other situations.

It's an unfair double standard and I'd take it to a Staff Report every time I got told to do it.