Server Rules: Questions and Answers

Just to make further clarification, if a LEO has a rifle slung in front of them with the new script, do they have to roleplay grabbing it and letting it drop on the sling everytime? Or is this rule just pertaining to role playing a larger weapon from a bag or from behind you etc ?

So, this has been an ongoing discussion of mine for a little while, with varying responses from /helpme and Discord I might add. Nobody seems to give me a consistent verdict on the matter of roleplaying things alone such as truck delivery, hunting animals, garbage gathering, etctera.

The ingame rules thread dictates, through Common Courtesy, that you should roleplay at all times. The ingame script's automatic message for the aforementioned jobs actively encourage you to "roleplay at all times" ONLY if there are players around. It clearly implies in plain language that you can get in trouble for not following RP guidelines... when players are around. This happens for both the garbageman and trucker job activities, a similar message is shown to hunters and maybe even more scripted jobs that I haven't discovered yet.

Example (picture taken in 2021):

9e4c57eb98639b1c5571c52734b17020.png

So, needless to say this is a major inconsistency and kind of an indirect incentive from the game script itself to incite accidental rule-breaking for the less knowledgeable player.

What I'd like to know at the moment is: Is it really MANDATORY to RP your actions at all times even when you're completely alone in the middle of nowhere (e.g: middle of the desert on top of a secluded forest hill) with very low chances of coming across another player? I'm particularly curious about this when it comes to RPing a hunter at Chiliad Mountain's surrounding forests. What are the real boundaries and goals of this rule? Is it flexible and left for common sense?

My curiosity extends from my character being an avid hunter IC. I make an effort to park my truck at a reasonably busy off-road path (which is still completely abandoned 90% of the time, save for the occasional rare dirt-biker/park ranger) to be purposely spotted, drop a /createscene there to represent my temporary camp, drop /cim around my favorite hunting spots to indicate disturbed vegetation and tracking of boot footprints and whatnot. That's all fine and I actually quite enjoy taking part in all the ordeal, however... am I really supposed to RP shooting and looting every single animal I down? Sometimes I cut behind the animal's articulations and tie their limbs up to their a necks for a haul by drag, or throw a hunting net over them and tie up for dragging, alongside the obvious ear tagging and stuff, but is it realistically expected of me to RP that, say, fifteen times in a row, completely alone in a forest? Am I really susceptible to administrative punishment if I do not?

Trucking and garbageman are a nobrainer in this scenario, obviously you should RP most if not all your actions there, as the chances you'll come across a player (in the city) are high enough to warrant this, but even THEY have a green flag saying that it's just not needed if you're completely alone and void of any player interaction. What's the difference for hunters? 

I understand this is done so to discourage money-farming and RPGish behavior but, quite frankly, I believe the enforcement of this rule at the aforementioned scenario(s) is a disservice to the general enjoyment of otherwise fun RP activities.

Edited by Parallel
  • Upvote 1

2) Powergaming

It is not allowed to perform actions which would not be possible in real life either, this is not limited to roleplay through /me. It is not allowed to force actions upon another player. You are not allowed to roleplay a non-player character.

I have a little bone to pick with this one.

By saying "You are not allowed to force actions upon other players", that would imply, or at least include /me's, right?

Get this. I'm still a little clueless about combat roleplay because of the fact that, I've seen countless players perform a "/me rushes [character]", and then actually doing so, punching them before they can actually react accordingly with a /me. That's forcing an action upon a character, isn't it? Because it seems like no one ever really gives the opposing player a chance to /me before punching/stabbing/hitting them with a weapon. It seems like it's about getting the upper hand immediately so that they can be knocked down and looted faster.

Or another example would be "/me pulls up his firearm and shoots [character]"

I get it. There aren't many situations where you can avoid getting shot at. It's unlikely but not impossible, and even when the situation does not allow it, which would be most cases, I really think that allowing a player to react with a /me of getting shot at would be much better than to end their life right after typing a few words of a /me, unless the shooter is having the drop on them.

It'd allow the player being shot at showing a complete other side of themselves to the shooter, during that split-second action. Eyes widening, ducking, screaming in fear. You don't just sit there watching someone pull a gun and shoot you, you move around, yell. It might actually make the shooter think twice, make them flee after a shot, or actually feel bad about shooting you after doing it because of the way you reacted. No one's a robot.

Theres been an issue of an individual using company advertisements to lure people into scams when they are not a part of the company they are advertising, they copy and paste the exact advert. 

I can't find anything in the rules about using the company ads section, to promote a company you dont work for; would this even be possible?

Cheers.

Edited by EMC

I have a question in regards to the rape rp rule that was recently amended to be forbidden. The rule does not specify if IC talk and insinuation of wanting to rape or sexually assault a character is forbidden or if it is just the act. It seems some admins will punish for rape talk and others don't see it as violation of that rule unless sexual assault rp takes place. Can I please get clarification.