Server Rules: Questions and Answers

3 minutes ago, Amellis said:

As the rule currently states, restricted crime zones only apply to muggings and kidnappings with intent to mug. To quote the rule: "Other crimes in these areas, particularly crime that grabs attention such as shooting, are held to a higher standard."This doesn't mean that other crimes require approval or supervision, and do not cover that report's specific case, it being a vehicle being lockpicked very early in the morning. 

Crimes that don't involve the two above mentioned are not affected at all. Carjacking isn't a mugging or asportation!

@Selena Can you clarify?

On 2/12/2022 at 3:24 AM, Pillsbury said:

Theoretically speaking, no. All voids should go through an admin..

However I said it once somewhere along the forums and I'm sure someone can find it and quote it.. I don't think any admin is going to get mad at a player if they hit into eachother on accident, both agree to void and kind of just walk away. Voiding actual situations? You need an admin. But specifically regarding car bumps? We all know we sometimes type and hit someone, we look away for a second because a parent walked in the room. Just use Common Courtesy. 

I decided to take the legal route once and /reported, asking for an admin to void a situation. My character was having an interview with a security company but mid-interview (which was going great), I was OOCly told the company is actually a faction, and being in a faction already, I couldn't be in two factions at the same time. There was no way to take this IC as they wanted to hire me and I wanted to RP with them.  It was a misunderstanding and an OOC issue which made no sense for the situation to continue, though.

The administrator told me they won't void it as no rulebreak took place. What exactly is the correct way to handle this? I'm sure many others have encountered similar problems and will do so in the future, including myself. Are voids only for rulebreaks? What happens if there's a different reason for a situation to be voided? Some clarification would be great!

2 hours ago, Mahitto said:

I decided to take the legal route once and /reported, asking for an admin to void a situation. My character was having an interview with a security company but mid-interview (which was going great), I was OOCly told the company is actually a faction, and being in a faction already, I couldn't be in two factions at the same time. There was no way to take this IC as they wanted to hire me and I wanted to RP with them.  It was a misunderstanding and an OOC issue which made no sense for the situation to continue, though.

The administrator told me they won't void it as no rulebreak took place. What exactly is the correct way to handle this? I'm sure many others have encountered similar problems and will do so in the future, including myself. Are voids only for rulebreaks? What happens if there's a different reason for a situation to be voided? Some clarification would be great!

Well the admin was right to not void the situation. You could of simply went "Actually, I won't be accepting the offer right at this second as I want to make sure I am fully ready for the job" "/b hey sorry i didn't know this was a faction, if you can give me a day or two to sort out some things, It would be appreciated". 

We don't typically void situations unless it is a rule-break or something that is on the "gray line" of a rule-break.

3 hours ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Is the information found in /weather the temperature we should be roleplaying? I often see people in short sleeves and booty shorts in under 10C weather, and some have even told me that they outright don't RP /weather ( case in which, why does it even exist )

A few admins confirmed that the /weather temperature should indeed be the one we're RP'ing, in other topics (mostly suggestions regarding weather).

I'll admit I was guilty of what you mentioned though, in the past: I didn't even know /weather existed so I assumed it was just as warm as it looked (since it's sunny 24/7 all year long). Big mistake 😛 Had to rework my entire wardrobe because of that lol 

34 minutes ago, Topinambour said:

A few admins confirmed that the /weather temperature should indeed be the one we're RP'ing, in other topics (mostly suggestions regarding weather).

I'll admit I was guilty of what you mentioned though, in the past: I didn't even know /weather existed so I assumed it was just as warm as it looked (since it's sunny 24/7 all year long). Big mistake 😛 Had to rework my entire wardrobe because of that lol 

Honestly /weather should be auto triggered every time you go outside to force people to rp it

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, averycoolguy said:

unknown.png

What's up with the yellow part? Invade people's privacy? Lmao what? You're allowed to film anyone in public.

This ruling seems to come out of nowhere and imposes a restriction that makes no sense.

PD are not the airforce. You don't patrol the skies.

• Applaud 1