Server Rules: Questions and Answers

At what point are you required to roleplay injuries? I'm talking about dynamic situations like shootings, brawls etc.

This has never been covered in the server rules, even though it's something very cruical and was obviously not considered to be implemented with the ruling that was made officially in terms of "headshots", or genereally the surrounding topic of roleplaying "injuries" as a whole.

Also. If you get shot and survive it. Can you timeskip it in the hospital? If yes, for how long can you do so? When is someone allowed to return to their "normal" roleplay again?

Those points that I raised are aspects that almost every player comes across with at some point, yet there are no official guidelines where a player can look through in order to not break any server rules unintentionally.

BTW. I'm a huge fan of what was added on Tuesday in regards to headshots, now people are aware of how to roleplay a critical injury in accordance with server rules.

Thank you!

Edited by BAJO
On 2/2/2022 at 5:35 AM, Jonesy said:

Hey guys, I'll clarify here.

The /breakin command is not required if:

• The homeowner leaves the door unlocked and/or you convince them to let you into the residence.
  • You only intend on assaulting/robbing the occupants of the house and what is on their person.

Any forced breaking of doors, windows, etc to gain entrance into a residence requires a /breakin request as well as stealing any items from the property's inventory.

We're going to work on clarifying this through an ammendment to the /breakin command's text and/or a rule update in the future.

Can I force the people I’m holding at gunpoint to give me items from their house/open the safe?

It seems a little silly to have to wait for a /breakin request in this situation. 

9 hours ago, Goonbag said:

Can I force the people I’m holding at gunpoint to give me items from their house/open the safe?

It seems a little silly to have to wait for a /breakin request in this situation. 

Unfortunately not. Any access to the items in a house require an admin to supervise. 

At what point are you required to roleplay injuries? I'm talking about dynamic situations like shootings, brawls etc.

This has never been covered in the server rules, even though it's something very cruical and was obviously not considered to be implemented with the ruling that was made officially in terms of "headshots", or genereally the surrounding topic of roleplaying "injuries" as a whole.

From my understanding you're expected to roleplay them as soon as it is practical to do so, though this has it's own grey areas. For brawls, you're generally okay to roleplay them once you're in a downed status except if it's actually a roleplayed brawl, obviously. Shootouts are a little different, as low damage shots to non-vital areas could be roleplayed as a graze or subdued by adrenaline until you get to a position of cover. If however it's something that would effect your movement, your ability to use a weapon etc then you should roleplay accordingly as soon as it is practical to do so. There is sometimes a bit of leeway allowed by admins here, depending on the situation. It's impossible to give a catch-all rule for this really.

Also. If you get shot and survive it. Can you timeskip it in the hospital? If yes, for how long can you do so? When is someone allowed to return to their "normal" roleplay again?

Life saving surgery can be NPCd (usually by a cop) if there are no staff around but if you're on your own, then it's always better to make a report and ask for it. However whilst surgery can be skipped, the recovery can not. Recovery time can wildly vary depending on the injury and obviously would effect what your character would be able to do. This is to stop immediate retaliation, chain robbing and so on and rather encourage character development and consequences.

Hope this is somewhat useful.

@BAJO

2 hours ago, Moonsong said:

From my understanding you're expected to roleplay them as soon as it is practical to do so, though this has it's own grey areas. For brawls, you're generally okay to roleplay them once you're in a downed status except if it's actually a roleplayed brawl, obviously. Shootouts are a little different, as low damage shots to non-vital areas could be roleplayed as a graze or subdued by adrenaline until you get to a position of cover. If however it's something that would effect your movement, your ability to use a weapon etc then you should roleplay accordingly as soon as it is practical to do so. There is sometimes a bit of leeway allowed by admins here, depending on the situation. It's impossible to give a catch-all rule for this really.

Life saving surgery can be NPCd (usually by a cop) if there are no staff around but if you're on your own, then it's always better to make a report and ask for it. However whilst surgery can be skipped, the recovery can not. Recovery time can wildly vary depending on the injury and obviously would effect what your character would be able to do. This is to stop immediate retaliation, chain robbing and so on and rather encourage character development and consequences.

Hope this is somewhat useful.

@BAJO

Hey @Moonsong!

First of all I would like to thank you for your reply on the matter I raised here in this topic.

The "gray-area" aspect is something that concerns me severely. There should be at least some ruling or guideline that can be taken into account when going through any scenario as I have mentioned in order to play in accordance with existing server regulation to ensure that the player(s) are not breaking any server rules.

2 hours ago, BAJO said:

Hey @Moonsong!

First of all I would like to thank you for your reply on the matter I raised here in this topic.

The "gray-area" aspect is something that concerns me severely. There should be at least some ruling or guideline that can be taken into account when going through any scenario as I have mentioned in order to play in accordance with existing server regulation to ensure that the player(s) are not breaking any server rules.

It's a grey area because setting a precedent could be detrimental to roleplay as a whole, it's better to examine situations on a case by case basis than give a blanket ruling that doesn't account for specific circumstances where specific actions would actually be feasible.

45 minutes ago, Anders said:

Question re: voiding

I know rules say you need admins to void but can you self-void minor things? Like accidental bumps and so on especially whe nadmins are all busy?

Theoretically speaking, no. All voids should go through an admin..

However I said it once somewhere along the forums and I'm sure someone can find it and quote it.. I don't think any admin is going to get mad at a player if they hit into eachother on accident, both agree to void and kind of just walk away. Voiding actual situations? You need an admin. But specifically regarding car bumps? We all know we sometimes type and hit someone, we look away for a second because a parent walked in the room. Just use Common Courtesy. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm confused about the Restricted Crime zones due to this report.

So you CAN'T break into parked cars or steal cars within restricted crime zones? Based on what the admin has said in the screenshot. It doesn't mention that anywhere in the guidelines. Was this admin wrong or is that how it works?

1 hour ago, joshua said:

I'm confused about the Restricted Crime zones due to this report.

So you CAN'T break into parked cars or steal cars within restricted crime zones? Based on what the admin has said in the screenshot. It doesn't mention that anywhere in the guidelines. Was this admin wrong or is that how it works?

As the rule currently states, restricted crime zones only apply to muggings and kidnappings with intent to mug. To quote the rule: "Other crimes in these areas, particularly crime that grabs attention such as shooting, are held to a higher standard."This doesn't mean that other crimes require approval or supervision, and do not cover that report's specific case, it being a vehicle being lockpicked very early in the morning. 

Crimes that don't involve the two above mentioned are not affected at all. Carjacking isn't a mugging or asportation! But other rules come into play, like doing so with no fear of being caught because of a low player-base and the lower likelyhood of someone actually stumbling upon such scenario.

Edited by Amellis