Server Rules: Questions and Answers

Question on 'ignoring rp'

My character has met homeless beggar type characters recently who try to interact but it's clear it's annoying bullshit or a robbery setup.  Am I required by the rules to respond to this or can I walk by and ignore it?

Edited by jcat
typo
23 minutes ago, jcat said:

My character has met homeless beggar type characters recently who try to interact but it's clear it's annoying bullshit or a robbery setup.  Am I required by the rules to respond to this or can I walk by and ignore it?

Well imagine what would you do irl? I assume you'd just walk past him. So I think you can do that.

1 hour ago, jcat said:

As long as you don't disregard their roleplay if they grab you or whatever, then yes. You can ignore anybody, anytime, anywhere.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

As long as you don't disregard their roleplay if they grab you or whatever, then yes. You can ignore anybody, anytime, anywhere.

So if they take a reasonable physical action I have to respond to it, but if they talk to me I can just ignore it.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, jcat said:

So if they take a reasonable physical action I have to respond to it, but if they talk to me I can just ignore it.  Thanks!

Yes! I think it's safe to ignore unless they put you in a situation where you'd realistically have to respond. 

Otherwise, what I usually do is I stop momentarily and do a single /me for at least letting them know that my character is ignoring them or w/e, just for the sake of immersion and common courtesy towards other community members who are putting effort to RP a unique character. I think it doesn't harm and is a win-win for both parties. 

Edited by The.Godfather
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Scrolling a gun in a vehicle will require roleplay regardless of the weapon, this due to the lack of animations in these situations.

Is this also required when you're being shot at by someone that is in another vehicle? I reckon you wouldn't have time to roleplay pulling it out as you'd be dead by that point.

@Shanks

Regarding the new rules, I want to make sure I understand.

1.If I'm holding a rifle I have to type a detailed /me, then wait for the anim to play?

Second question,

2.If I'm pursuing someone and they choose to drive by at me, I have to type a /me while being actively shot at, and only then I can return fire?

2 minutes ago, Pandaa said:
  • Scrolling a gun in a vehicle will require roleplay regardless of the weapon, this due to the lack of animations in these situations.

Is this also required when you're being shot at by someone that is in another vehicle? I reckon you wouldn't have time to roleplay pulling it out as you'd be dead by that point.

I doubt it is. It doesn't make a lot of sense, as the roleplay is required to give other parties the chance to react. If they're already shooting at you, that goes out the window.

Just now, Zach.. said:

@Shanks

Regarding the new rules, I want to make sure I understand.

1.If I'm holding a rifle I have to type a detailed /me, then wait for the anim to play?

Second question,

2.If I'm pursuing someone and they choose to drive by at me, I have to type a /me while being actively shot at, and only then I can return fire?

You have to type the line out and then scroll the weapon, yes.

Yes, anytime you're in a vehicle you should roleplay scrolling the weapon. As do the ones you're pursuing.