Do we have too many additions to the world?

Paenymion

13 minutes ago, Paenymion said:

So yeah maybe if you buy a GPU with 32GB vram and have 64GB ram you can just overcome it, but for everyday people with everyday computers we are gonna struggle.

Depends tbh, I run a OC'd 3080ti and still get texture loss in extreme cases. Think it's more an engine limitation at this point than it is hardware.

11 minutes ago, kristofer said:

FiveM has a thing called extended texture budget in the settings which seems to fix a lot of the texture loss related issues, RageMP on the otherhand still doesn't have that or something similar which is why we still have these issues in 2022.

They're too busy adding a useless anticheat and breaking things with their quick updates.

• Upvote 4
33 minutes ago, kristofer said:

FiveM has a thing called extended texture budget in the settings which seems to fix a lot of the texture loss related issues, RageMP on the otherhand still doesn't have that or something similar which is why we still have these issues in 2022.

Ah I didn't know that, I guess they could do something then.  I learnt something today, thank you.

I have a pretty high tier system for GTA V, and months prior I was able to play the game with no issue. The following weeks I've barely been able to roleplay out in the city without texture loss and/or frame loss. Last night during a pursuit that started in the county and ended in the city it was fine out in the county, but once it hit the city limits? Texture loss with frame loss. It hit me like a bad omen which is incredibly annoying. I feel like it was a combo of the new Buffalos and the amount of lighting changes happening. I feel this because once more vehicles left the pursuit and when the sirens turned off my textures and frames started to stabilize rather quickly. It's worth looking into the lighting changes the sirens give off, and perhaps lower the amount of new cruisers every department need. 

Server stability has always been a ball of fire that everyone keeps throwing to each other it's always a copium between gtaw adding unoptimized mods or ragemp just being shit respectfully.

I think it'd be cool if we can have the car mods that we have in the server to be listed with their links (especially the ones that the server had edited) etc so people can test them out in singleplayer and see how much polygons, textures, quality in general in terms of the optimisation so we can all say for sure that it's RAGEMP's shitty client causing texture loss. Do we really need 150k+ polygons for a car? Prolly not.

Edit: And the fact that the game is 10 years old lmfao.

Edited by mencurry
16 minutes ago, Woona said:

lighting

do not underestimate this as performance factor.

It's possible to wreck most people's fps by placing some 20 golden spotlights in an interior, for example.

I was trying out some deco and people coming in that had visited the same place a day prior and had no issues suddenly froze upon entering.

Speaking of single visitors here, not crowds yet.

Keep in mind lights might possibly cause dynamic shadows, and this is where demand accumulates so that even high end machines cannot cope with it anymore.

Edited by knppel
40 minutes ago, knppel said:

Keep in mind lights might possibly cause dynamic shadows, and this is where demand accumulates so that even high end machines cannot cope with it anymore.

This here is important yeah: most "vanilla" GTA buildings have lightmaps that are calculated quickly. However, in custom interiors (or custom/modded outside stuff like the Mirror Park houses)... there are dozens, sometimes hundreds of individual elements that have to be handled independently ^^' 

While the vanilla lightmaps were most likely baked during compiling, those for custom interiors and exteriors aren't. So, the game (and your PC) gotta calculate them live, every single time one of them is streamed to your PC :x 

5 hours ago, BINGBONGAMERICA said:

Depends tbh, I run a OC'd 3080ti and still get texture loss in extreme cases. Think it's more an engine limitation at this point than it is hardware.

Can confirm this is the case. I9 with 32gb of ram and a 3080 and I get texture loss as well. The game is installed on an m.2 drive and my usage stats max out at like 40%. So it must be a RAGE thing.

• Wuhtah locked this topic