Do we have too many additions to the world?

Paenymion

The map mod is amazing, simply put. It obviously helps make the map look more lively. It does, however, affect some people's FPS. I think it should be tested to see exactly how much it affects performance and if the results are considerable, it could be removed.

After all, if someone wants to have better vegetation, downloading and installing a client-side mod is extremely fast and easy. That's what I've done until this mod was implemented. Either way is fine.

23 minutes ago, thekillergreece said:

Xday said this so idk. I still do not believe going fully vanilla would fix the problems.

A4lODnC.png

This is interesting, I’ve played another RageMP server and don’t get half the texture loss I do on GTA:W. 

28 minutes ago, sCrax said:

I only experience texture loss when there are multiple modded cop cars present with their sirens on. Never had any texture loss in front of clubs with 20+ cars parked outside. So idk if I'd blame the whole issue solely on RageMP. 

Meanwhile I am driving one police torrence and suffer some lags (and minor texture loss) when I approach a club that has 20+ cars and 10+ players. This problem is tricky, unique and weird. I do not believe police mods cause lags solely, I do believe it depends on the number of vehicles and players in an area. Then you got xday who claims mods cause texture loss and vanilla don't....

Currently, the only solution that helps reduce texture loss significantly (aside removing ENB) is to set your texture quality to normal. 

Edited by thekillergreece

70% of your texture loss will be fixed with this simple solution; Samsung SSD 870 EVO. Cheap, durable, fast.

A friend recommended me to invest in one, I don't have a capable enough PC to play in high settings, but I get by just fine on low. While before, with no SDD, I would struggle between 10-15 players? Now I can play around 20 and their cars with little to no stutter. Economic solution.

As for the suggestion? No. People shouldn't have their gaming experience bottleneck'd by other people with less-capable PC's.

Edited by DecidedNot

Not sure if this is viable, but I myself had quite few issues with lags, crashes, missing textures. As for all these things I can say, least for myself, that issues were usually on my end. GTA is a heavy vram hoarder, no matter how lowtuned your specs are, there is always some leak, usually ram and vram leak, which means parts of memory just don't work as they should. This is doubled or tripled, if you drive fast through the city where speed goes way beyond actual car stats (I had 200 mp/h once which is impossible.). I changed my graphics card to RTX and cranked all details up, not that it looks better, GTA is an old game by now, but crashes, lags and texture loss stopped occuring. 

Edited by Engelbert
1 hour ago, thekillergreece said:

Xday said this so idk. I still do not believe going fully vanilla would fix the problems.

<snipped the image>

Nice to hear an opposing view, I feel like "RageMP streamer is bad" is often just repeated a lot without much evidence to back it up.  In my mind it seems quite simple: we are asking GTA5 to load much more into memory than vanilla ever does.  I don't see anything they could do, other than do some kind of dynamic compression for us.  So yeah maybe if you buy a GPU with 32GB vram and have 64GB ram you can just overcome it, but for everyday people with everyday computers we are gonna struggle.

Maybe a question for staff:  I saw in RageMP launch options there is an option called "low quality server assets".  Does that work? Could you provide some lower quality assets for people who enable that? So we see slightly worse custom assets but have less texture loss?

• Wuhtah locked this topic