Bars and clubs...

Dustyboi

There's a ton of different reasons and honestly very rarely is people being money hungry and opting for the quickest path to wealth one of them. Before you even examine the reasons you need to identify and pick apart the problem. So lets get a few things out of the way. 

1. 1 out of 3 bars/clubs are owned and operated by OC factions. This in itself isn't a bad thing as from what I've seen every single one of them is either:
    1. Operating the bar/club as an essential criminal hub for a faction/crew, providing a avenue for others to interact and RP with them.
    2. They're operating the clubs efficiently and realistically. I know the money is likely also going to promote more RP.
  2. The number of clubs isn't the issue, this is supposed to be a west coast metropolitan city right? Realistically we'd have even more clubs.

The problem is the lack of other businesses, I've found that there are plenty of people with cool and unique ideas and some of them have been able to execute them. Sadly, no matter how much forum warriors complain about how much they'd like to see unique businesses. When it comes to in game, nobody interacts with them. Not enough people to make it sustainable that it. If you want your business to be successful, no matter what it is. You'll need gold, you need blips to get people in the door. This means I have to invest real world money into this server every month and if I'm not seeing any fruitful return on the money I'm investing. By this I mean other players coming and interacting with my business. I'm not going to continue with my gold, let alone my business idea. There needs to be an incentive for people to run businesses even if there aren't players walking through the door. Making it feasible to run unique businesses which will then present opportunities for other people to come and interact with them.

Another issue when it comes to running businesses? It's almost impossible to find staff. People don't always want money on an RP server, they want interaction. Easiest way to do that? Be a bartender. I've attempted to run restaurants on this server and while it's super easy to find a million bartenders, try finding someone who can RP being a waiter, let alone a chef. Let alone as @DLimit mentioned, although restaurants are literally commonplace all over the world. It seems players GTAW have a mental break down anytime there isn't a bar or counter they can immediately interact with. All this makes it almost impossible to run even something similar to a nightclub, let alone something unique. 

Until all that is addressed, I don't see this issue getting any better. It isn't staffs fault, nor just the players faults. This is top to bottom the communities fault for even allowing this issue to be happen but to also be complacent and even actively contributing to the issue most of the time, all the while complaining and acting like it's everyone else's fault.

• Upvote 5

You can't really sit and expect people to start new businesses out of the blue like that, what's stopping you from doing it yourself? Think about it.

Nightclubs, as they generic and soulless as 98% of them are, are also unarguably the best places to socialize and network in Los Santos' nightlife, thus the reason why they're successful and will inevitably keep on growing.

Give players more freedom to do what they want, and stop putting arbitrary red tape up for players wanting to lease/own a building/business, and stop the decision making behind closed doors. 🙂

People I'm sure have great concepts and ideas however due to the system GTA:W has imposed on it's players It's not exactly easy to do that in game. And let's not even mention the fact that if you don't have gold for /bad your business will be a ghost town. 

Edited by Devastante
  • Upvote 2
  • 1 month later...
On 9/21/2021 at 11:13 PM, Alejandro_Frances said:

You can't really sit and expect people to start new businesses out of the blue like that, what's stopping you from doing it yourself? Think about it.

Nightclubs, as they generic and soulless as 98% of them are, are also unarguably the best places to socialize and network in Los Santos' nightlife, thus the reason why they're successful and will inevitably keep on growing.

While it's true that they are good for socializing and all that, at the same time the only reason that they are open is because they are a super easy way to make money. Entrance fees + 40k from the government + overpriced drinks - way underpaid employees.

Would be cool if they made it to where Manager+ can use /bad and blips without the need of gold.

Unique businesses are a nice touch to have for players that have the (M) next to their name or players that are sick of nightclubs and bars but at the same time those people that ramble about wanting a unique business to open are mostly the same ones that never even interact or support the business in the first place.

• Wuhtah locked this topic