Server Rules: Questions and Answers

10 minutes ago, Junx said:

I'm sure they dont use their air unit to spy on random cars and waste an insane amount of fuel while doing so.

Some research to help you understand better:

“ASTRO” is the bread and butter mission at ASD. Historically, it has generated approximately 80% of the Division’s total flight time. An ASTRO aircrew consists of one Command Pilot and one Tactical Flight Officer (TFO). The aircrew monitors citywide police radio frequencies, they respond to calls for service and make aerial observations based on their experience as police officers. In effect, ASTRO can be thought of as a patrol car in flight. In fact, The Air Support motto is, “The mission is the same, only the vehicle has changed.”

Source: Air Support Missions - LAPD Online

From the LAPD website which very clearly details that a helicopter works very much like a patrol car but in the air. What you are saying they don't do is the job description itself, they patrol and they monitor what seems noteworthy based on their experience as a police officer. They hold this autonomy as it simply states on their own website.

A helicopter pilot can and will literally get a hunch over the way a guy stands based on his experience as a police officer and watch them if they want to based on the description they give on their website here and this simply goes for any patrol vehicle on the ground.

Edited by Fabulous
  • Thanks 1
Just now, Fabulous said:

Made some research to help you understand better:

''“ASTRO” is the bread and butter mission at ASD. Historically, it has generated approximately 80% of the Division’s total flight time. An ASTRO aircrew consists of one Command Pilot and one Tactical Flight Officer (TFO). The aircrew monitors citywide police radio frequencies, they respond to calls for service and make aerial observations based on their experience as police officers. In effect, ASTRO can be thought of as a patrol car in flight. In fact, The Air Support motto is, “The mission is the same, only the vehicle has changed.”

Source: Air Support Missions - LAPD Online

From the LAPD website which very clearly details that a helicopter works very much like a patrol car but in the air. What you are saying they don't do is the job description itself, they patrol and they monitor what seems noteworthy based on their experience as a police officer. They hold this autonomy as it simply states on their own website.

@Pillsbury It would seem your rule changes contradict real life policies?

I gotta say this confuses me too (and I am not convinced department policy or the officer's conduct here are what's at fault)-

while it makes total sense to not punish Peter for the bug showing his rifle (the ultimate cause of the police taking action), it's clearly depicted there how them acting suspicious- and according to the reporting party's own statement actually being up to something, just not having spotted an opportunity to seize- is what led to them being watched first hand.

The ruling over the bug aside, which is all fair, the general conduct from the air-officer seems more than just reasonable to me-

Is it really the sensible course of action to adress this over a situation ultimately caused by a bug (the rifle being spawned on someone after a crash)?

Edited by knppel
7 hours ago, Junx said:

PD are not the airforce. You don't patrol the skies.

The airforce doesn't patrol the skies lmao. The PD/SD air unit's literal purpose is to be able to cover a lot of ground as quickly as possible and keep their communities safe. Why do you think departments invest hundreds of millions of dollars into these divisions? To catch the occasional speeding guy who evaded? That's literally their purpose.

That ruling pretty much condemns PDSD for being PDSD. Not that I'd complain, it would greatly benefit my criminal character, but it's unrealistic as hell.

• Applaud 1