Server Rules: Questions and Answers

On 7/15/2023 at 6:35 AM, Kraethas said:

Hello. 

A question about asset transfer Requests:

In the template it says:

Amount of money (you must leave at least $200k assets on your source character): $

does that mean to say that I should leave behind $200k in total assets, or $200k in the bank?

In other words, if I own properties & vehicles in excess of 200k, I can request to pretty much empty my entire bank account?

200K in total assets, which includes vehicles and properties. So, if you have a vehicle worth $200,000, then you can transfer your money over to another character as long as the host character still possesses the $200,000 vehicle.

On 8/18/2023 at 6:03 PM, ScarletRose said:

There is a lot of admin contradiction honestly. Admin A says something is okay but Admin B says it's not. It would definitely be nice if there was a definitive answer as to whether something is allowed or not.

not really, every situation is different in its own way, every character is different. a businessman shooting some guy for breaking into his car in rockford hills might be ajail worthy, but some guy trying to rob a car in rancho, the pulse of a gang's rp might be justifiable. thts why definitive answers dont work, because every situation is different lol.

for things like hacking etc, there's always a definitive response and punishment. but for things that r up to perception are different  

• Upvote 4
On 8/21/2023 at 12:00 PM, Amellis said:

Catching someone in the act of stealing your vehicle and opening fire is poor escalation. I guess I don't speak in the name of the entire team but what I'd personally expect (and according to IFM's ruling on escalation) is:

Interrupt the thief > verbal altercation > Throw hands > Use a melee weapon / Pull a firearm > Shooting.

Do note that the moment you escalate a fist fight it's generally accepted to go for a kill... As much as it pains me and I find it unrealistic af 😞

In situations like that, the realistic approach would be to either try to de-escalate the situation and tell whoever to peel off or escalate it to something non-lethal. And up until the moment a script fight starts, everything has to be RPed.

The "fuck around and find out" still applies, but to getting beat up... Not murdered.

@sixchar @Kix @Mako @pateuvasiliu @bennett @ScarletRose

ok great - so we have two admins that are directly contradicting each other. so what's the actual ruling and why is it that people are being told completely different things about the exact same topic.

Not sure if it’s my place to comment (probably not) but this is the dumbest argument ever. Admin A ruling in situation A doesn’t mean that admin B has to rule A in situation B. I can imagine significant variables are; what kind of character does the shooting, the justification and the roleplay surrounding said shooting. People seem to want a blanket rule either permitting or prohibiting getting shot outright. Why don’t we just reference the law, which clearly states you have the right to defend your own property - but shooting someone just for breaking into your empty car is way too excessive. It’s an entirely different scenario if you or someone else is inside the car, because you’d have a legitimate self-defense claim. 

Why would your (presumably) perfectly legal and licensed civilian suddenly (who’d be certified by a firearms instructor) turn into an absolute cold blooded murderer to protect their empty car with force that would jeopardize everything they have with permanent legal consequences? But when there’s someone in the car we’re talking about more than just car theft we’re talking about a credible threat to life and liberty. I can on the other hand see how a seasoned gangbanger might spot an enemy banger either breaking into a car on the wrong territory, or alternatively severely punish their own jack boy for fucking up. That’s a level argument for fucking around and finding out, because it goes beyond just the simple car jacking. 

Whatever happened to common sense. How is just strolling up to a car thief and blowing their brains out without any depth or justifications the pinnacle of roleplay? You need to chill and wait for GTA VI if that’s what you wanna be doing. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, eTaylor said:

Not sure if it’s my place to comment (probably not) but this is the dumbest argument ever. Admin A ruling in situation A doesn’t mean that admin B has to rule A in situation B. I can imagine significant variables are; what kind of character does the shooting, the justification and the roleplay surrounding said shooting. People seem to want a blanket rule either permitting or prohibiting getting shot outright. Why don’t we just reference the law, which clearly states you have the right to defend your own property - but shooting someone just for breaking into your empty car is way too excessive. It’s an entirely different scenario if you or someone else is inside the car, because you’d have a legitimate self-defense claim. 

Why would your (presumably) perfectly legal and licensed civilian suddenly (who’d be certified by a firearms instructor) turn into an absolute cold blooded murderer to protect their empty car with force that would jeopardize everything they have with permanent legal consequences? But when there’s someone in the car we’re talking about more than just car theft we’re talking about a credible threat to life and liberty. I can on the other hand see how a seasoned gangbanger might spot an enemy banger either breaking into a car on the wrong territory, or alternatively severely punish their own jack boy for fucking up. That’s a level argument for fucking around and finding out, because it goes beyond just the simple car jacking. 

Whatever happened to common sense. How is just strolling up to a car thief and blowing their brains out without any depth or justifications the pinnacle of roleplay? You need to chill and wait for GTA VI if that’s what you wanna be doing. 

Depends on portrayal in my opinion. I see people often branching off their actual portrayal to create a backdoor for sudden changes, like you mentioned someone suddenly deciding to shoot at a car thief. Yes understandable when the car belongs to someone who IS cold blooded murderer already, but not when a random desk clerk who has a gun suddenly decides to shoot the thief. I say okay, if your character snapped like Michael Douglas, go with it. But the roleplay the deranged character like that even AFTER the act. Which most people don't do. Which imo leads to poor portrayal. Much like if your character has an mental issue, medicated by actual prescriptions. You don't miraculously heal up from that. Unless you change characters, you are stuck with it and even if you don't rp it often, it's still there.\

People always telling me, why you make so complex characters and demand the same from others?

Cause it's roleplay. I am not asking anything more, than a character having an actual depth. Otherwise it's just GTAO with a text chat.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Applaud 1
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zach.. said:

Are developers allowed to take admin action against players?

I don't think so, to my knowledge they don't have access to the admin handbook and so on... Aren't taught how to deal with reports and such.

There are a couple of admins who double down as devs though, they can.

• Upvote 1