Server Rules: Questions and Answers

6 hours ago, sixchar said:

Super curious about this one as well...

I call bullshit. Murdering someone cause he's trying to steal your car is way too extreme.

How is an admin going to tell me that pulling out a gun during a brawl is unrealistic escalation but then say shooting someone trying to steal your car isn't?

Y'all really saying you'd rather get punched into a coma than car jacked?

Edited by pateuvasiliu
  • Upvote 1
On 8/3/2023 at 6:00 PM, Mako said:

Can you kill someone for lockpicking your vehicle? My friend was recently told by @Biscuitthat it's okay, but then @HemmaXprisoned someone for it just the other day.

image.png

image.png

Someone I know also got murdered for attempting to steal a car and got a similar response from Biscuit stating it's a "fuck around, find out" type situation. This is quite concerning as it shows the lack of basis in what is considered poor escalation, it gives a bad look for the admin team overall as it shows:

• A Level 2 admin possibly not understanding the rules well enough.
  • Lack of communication within the admin team regarding certain rules.

This is not meant to throw shade at anyone, I'm just stating how all this looks from my, and I'm sure many other, non-admin players' point of view.

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, bennett said:

Biscuit stating it's a "fuck around, find out" type situation. This is quite concerning as it shows the lack of basis in what is considered poor escalation,

This is infuriating and makes no sense. If I pull a gun out during a fist fight I get ajailed for unrealistic escalation but people are allowed to shoot over a carjacking?

Staff really needs to establish an uniform ruleset that applies to everyone and isn't subjective, 'cause it looks like there's 1 kitchen and 20 cooks. 

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
32 minutes ago, pateuvasiliu said:

Staff really needs to establish an uniform ruleset that applies to everyone and isn't subjective, 'cause it looks like there's 1 kitchen and 20 cooks. 

There should definitely be a section in the server rules that goes a bit more in-depth on explaining what is deemed proper escalation. Countless times I've heard of person A shooting someone for X reason and getting away with it, while person B shooting someone for that exact same X reason would get punished for it. Unfortunately, covering every possible escalation situation is probably impossible as context matters in a lot in these types of situations, so I'm not very hopeful about seeing an established ruleset anytime soon.

On 8/3/2023 at 6:00 PM, Mako said:

Can you kill someone for lockpicking your vehicle? My friend was recently told by @Biscuitthat it's okay, but then @HemmaXprisoned someone for it just the other day.

image.png

image.png

Catching someone in the act of stealing your vehicle and opening fire is poor escalation. I guess I don't speak in the name of the entire team but what I'd personally expect (and according to IFM's ruling on escalation) is:

Interrupt the thief > verbal altercation > Throw hands > Use a melee weapon / Pull a firearm > Shooting.

Do note that the moment you escalate a fist fight it's generally accepted to go for a kill... As much as it pains me and I find it unrealistic af 😞

In situations like that, the realistic approach would be to either try to de-escalate the situation and tell whoever to peel off or escalate it to something non-lethal. And up until the moment a script fight starts, everything has to be RPed.

The "fuck around and find out" still applies, but to getting beat up... Not murdered.

@sixchar @Kix @Mako @pateuvasiliu @bennett @ScarletRose

Edited by Amellis
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1