The amount of reports looking for a void.

Simple solution would be allowing the victim of the misunderstanding to be refunded for whatever they lost, but "punish" the perpetrator by not refunding their firearm. That's a good alternative consequence to your unfortunate mistake and doesn't involve an ajail or warning on your record. And this will also stop people from potentially abusing the report/refund system for the purpose of getting their firearm back and will also encourage players to be a little bit more careful when it comes to all these "mistakes". Actions have consequences in the grown up world, even if they're unintentional mistakes.

8 hours ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

It's a legitimate thing and it should be respected. If both sides agree that they fucked up why bother punishing them? If no harm was done there's no point in punishing them. 

Just don't fuck up when using guns then lmao

Maybe put rules over void request. Such as put admin record each time their request of void is accepted so admin know when people abuse it. Or, something like what @Martyn said. Or anything else, really. I don't think it's that hard to detect abuser for void request. Or perhaps, admins already doing this check up so I guess there's nothing to worry about.

Void is generally a good solution for small OOC fuck up but if it's something like "shooting wrong target" or "unrealistic escalation" then the perpetrator should be punished no matter what even if it's just a small tap like verbal warning or /ajail as long as they understand they did something wrong. Or, just take it ICly as far as they can if there are no rules being broken. I will say that it's bad for the server If their story only revolves around guns and having a hard time to progress without them.

30 minutes ago, varthshenon said:

Void is generally a good solution for small OOC fuck up but if it's something like "shooting wrong target" or "unrealistic escalation" then the perpetrator should be punished no matter what even if it's just a small tap like verbal warning or /ajail as long as they understand they did something wrong. Or, just take it ICly as far as they can if there are no rules being broken. I will say that it's bad for the server If their story only revolves around guns and having a hard time to progress without them.

I agree that "shooting wrong target" probably should be taken IC.  No reason to "void" that imo, as long as the mistake seems reasonable and not OOCly malicious (like, using it as a DM excuse).  Unrealistic escalation? Sure...that can be voided if everyone agrees AND the admin agrees that it was unrealistic.  Whoever admits to being unrealistic, yes, cut them some slack on the punishment because knowing your faults is like, achieving RPer level 2 (which we want).  It's much preferable to OOC disputes and denial imo and they should be rewarded for that with lighter/no punishment.

Edited by Paenymion
  • Applaud 1
3 hours ago, Bandit. said:

This argument keeps attacking illegal roleplayers and I'm surprised admins have allowed it to go on this long, had it been me saying this about mallrats/legal roleplayers I'd have a forum warning and the topic would be closed. With small jabs at roleplay types you further separate everyone and further the mindset of legal vs illegal. 

Literally nobody is attacking illegal rp overall. The conversation has kept fairly well on topic with the exception being a few people bitching at me. Which happens everytime I open my mouth in this community so it's not a big deal. 

All of my friends are illegal rpers. There is a lot of fantastic RP and brilliant development in that space. I prefer it, I think there can be a little toxicity but it is what it is. 

Acknowledging there is problems in an area of rp is not attacking the entire scene. The problem is when people say, illegal rp is bad. Or legal rp is bad. Or mallrats are all bad. You can't avoid specific issue because you're afraid to upset the apple cart. 

That being said, while the majority of these reports are by illegal rpers, the majority of illegal rpers aren't making these reports. In fact, I see them get clowned on in discord a LOT by people in the illegal scene. 

Please don't turn this into an us v them conversation, because that's simply not what it is. 

Edited by Perstephone
  • Upvote 1

The thing is. This huge amount of "reports for void" is also related to the fact when you complain to certain individuals of the community which are the well known bad apples, they  borderline insult you to "report them if you have the balls". Then when you report them, they lay down and beg for mercy so you can "take down the report". 

I'm not pointing fingers to anyone, if you feel identified that's your and only your problem here, use the report button 

The thing about this reports to void (I check the reports daily and check what's going on) and the most important thing I noticed is "the intention"... There are valid reports to void some stupid situations, like your screen glitched, bugs during shootouts, etc. It's different because involves external factors to the situation... Now when you clearly add to your report "We DMed them and due many other rulebreaks we agreed to void, we just need an admin to void it" or something similar, there's one party who don't want to be punished and lays down for mercy, there's the other side who wants to look good with their internet friends, for not looking like "snitch".

There's also some reports where both parties did rulebreaks and never pointed it out until one of the parties decided to report, pulling all the shit against the other over a single report. So there's clearly a issue within the community. It's not a mentality isolated within illegal community but i've seen in other scenes or places... So it's the whole play to win mentality that was allowed to grow overtime and we dealing with the consequences.

I've also noticed the admins started to increase the punishment times very recently, going for hour-long punishment over temp/perma bans. What we need now is to define whenever malicious intent was done within "the reports to void". There are too many cases of "Killing the wrong target" because the hired guns are trigger happy instead of being full sure what they doing and how they doing it.

I'm in favor of no void rp because we have to rp even if someone is breaking the rules and amount of roleplay which have been poured into these situations can be enormous.

But also if you break a rule you should receive punishment and I believe Administration team should be strict about this.

• Upvote 1

If you never void anything good luck keeping up with a character when you're being crippled by dudes chopping your foot in the streets because you refused to buy their drugs. And other funky stuff. Like seriously, no.

I get your point about reports but I really hope the never-voiding mentality won't gain grounds.