The amount of reports looking for a void.

Just now, mj2002 said:

This is all well and good, but who determines what is minor, unintentional, or by error, in these situations? If a player shoots the wrong character whilst copy pasting a generic /me to draw the used weapon, is that an 'error' or is that worthy of an ajail? Punishments are also determined based on a player's previous record. But this is information not available to the average roleplayer. How can another random player make these determinations?

I think most things are relatively arbitrary, just like it is by those who define what roleplay quality is. I think there's a fine line between rulebreaking and misunderstandings. If someone accepts someone else's apology and justification in good faith, then that's something commendable in my book. If the player didn't want to avoid, and instead wanted to report, it would be the same end result. I don't think we should generalize all these cases because the rules make them that way. Most void requests I see are misunderstandings, grey areas or cordial agreements between players. If the rule breaking was so bad they'd just report. Very few people on this server have thick skin.

What this does is encourage more reports and less interdependency. Now people want to punish people for wanting to solve shit amicably. It's no bueno.

• Upvote 2

I'm a fan of players handling issues between themselves. If all (this is important) parties in a scene had a terrible experience and want it voided, I believe that should be an option between them. It's a beautiful thing when players can come together and resolve matters like adults. It avoids grief, and a forum report. Not all voided situations will need a refund request, but if it's needed that could be a separate request through the proper channels. There will probably need to be a higher level of scrutiny during review of these cases to avoid abuse.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

This is all well and good, but who determines what is minor, unintentional, or by error, in these situations? If a player shoots the wrong character whilst copy pasting a generic /me to draw the used weapon, is that an 'error' or is that worthy of an ajail? Punishments are also determined based on a player's previous record. But this is information not available to the average roleplayer. How can another random player make these determinations and judge, between themselves, without any neutral party (like an administrator) to review the situation?

Besides, if these situations were all about maturity, acceptance of wrongdoing, and all that, then why is the focus always on voids and refunds? Surely its the maturity, learning process and civility that's the important part. Why bother with a refund and a void in the first place. Its the roleplay that matters, right?

I swear I've seen admins refuse to void a situation dole out punishments on a forum report. Just do that instead.

But this is still pointless. The issue isn't people doing dumb shit then asking for a void on the forums. The people who are an issue don't have forum accounts. They do not see the daily "The x scene needs to stop doing this" or "x RP is in shambles" or "We need to stop doing X" threads that populate this forum. The people you all complain about will not see it. GTAW needs to finally choose if they want to be a NGGRP-like medium-rp starter server or the heavy rp, immersive experience it claims to be, and it needs to stick to its choice even after the average server population dips by a hundred or two. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

They don’t desire for details, they’re simply asking for an admin to approve a void of a particular situation both parties agreed to. 

Exactly, so it cannot be said that these reports are simply honest mistakes or small issues. 

This argument keeps attacking illegal roleplayers and I'm surprised admins have allowed it to go on this long, had it been me saying this about mallrats/legal roleplayers I'd have a forum warning and the topic would be closed. With small jabs at roleplay types you further separate everyone and further the mindset of legal vs illegal. 

There has been situations where both sides agree to void something because it's not the best for roleplay or because it was unrealistic. This is a game, why gatekeep people having fun if both sides clearly didn't want that to happen?

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, Bandit. said:

This argument keeps attacking illegal roleplayers and I'm surprised admins have allowed it to go on this long, had it been me saying this about mallrats/legal roleplayers I'd have a forum warning and the topic would be closed. With small jabs at roleplay types you further separate everyone and further the mindset of legal vs illegal. 

There has been situations where both sides agree to void something because it's not the best for roleplay or because it was unrealistic. This is a game, why gatekeep people having fun if both sides clearly didn't want that to happen?

What is being gatekept here? The involved parties are clearly after weapons. That's all that matters to them.

1 minute ago, mj2002 said:

What is being gatekept here? The involved parties are clearly after weapons. That's all that matters to them.

Like I said, if there was something unrealistic and the leadership of both factions decided that it should be voided in order to further roleplay and help their scenes out then why shouldn't they get their items back? 

You act like a couple of illegal roleplayers getting their 4-5 pistols back after a shootout is the end of the world.