The amount of reports looking for a void.

13 minutes ago, thelostart22 said:

If you never void anything good luck keeping up with a character when you're being crippled by dudes chopping your foot in the streets because you refused to buy their drugs. And other funky stuff. Like seriously, no.

I get your point about reports but I really hope the never-voiding mentality won't gain grounds.

Nahhhhhh I'm not saying never void. It's required in some situations. I'm talking about the "We got in a 10 person shoot out and decided afterwards it was terrible escalation now we want it voided but also don't punish anyone" reports. 

Most "void" request reports are players that both have broken rules and neither parties want to get in trouble so they'll agree to a void to avoid anyone getting punished. (90 percent of the time), the other 10 percent is mainly confusing situations where the wrong person was targeted etc. 

People should be glad it even happens, less pressure on admins, if two parties decide to void a situation, that could have been 10-15 minutes long. Instead of lengthy report and back and forth arguing they both decided to claim a refund for lost gun and agreed to void the situation. Imo less time consuming and faster solution to which both parties agreed. If that isn't sign of mature gameplay than I don't know what to tell ye.

12 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

People should be glad it even happens, less pressure on admins, if two parties decide to void a situation, that could have been 10-15 minutes long. Instead of lengthy report and back and forth arguing they both decided to claim a refund for lost gun and agreed to void the situation. Imo less time consuming and faster solution to which both parties agreed. If that isn't sign of mature gameplay than I don't know what to tell ye.

I read a report where the opening line before the report template was even posted was "SITUATION GOT VOIDED (Both Parties Agreed) - How can I refund my Glock and 15 Ammo???" 

Makes the intent pretty clear, no? 

That report didn't go in their favor and it wasn't voided in this instance. Doesn't seem all that mature? 

The problem I have with these reports is they aren't reporting to make RP better just to get their items back. Any punishment, even a warning is recorded so if the same people keep doing it there is a history. 

1 minute ago, Perstephone said:

I read a report where the opening line before the report template was even posted was "SITUATION GOT VOIDED (Both Parties Agreed) - How can I refund my Glock and 15 Ammo???" 

Makes the intent pretty clear, no? 

That report didn't go in their favor and it wasn't voided in this instance. Doesn't seem all that mature? 

The problem I have with these reports is they aren't reporting to make RP better just to get their items back. Any punishment, even a warning is recorded so if the same people keep doing it there is a history. 

People live in an illusion, that perhaps one day, the situation around roleplay will get better. Yes it is possible, but unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

People live in an illusion, that perhaps one day, the situation around roleplay will get better. Yes it is possible, but unlikely.

Nah dude. I have no delusions it will get better, I'm just hoping we can prevent it from getting worse. 

• Upvote 2