The amount of reports looking for a void.

Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Say I shoot somebody and it's a case of mistaken identity. The victims PMs me in game and we speak about it. I apologize to them and admit that I fucked up. We agree that the victim will put up a report for a void; why bother punishing me for a genuine mistake? This is only one of the multiple situations where this can be applied, but I genuinely believe we should be more understanding when it comes to genuine mistakes (that are technically rulebreaks) but at the end of the day can be solved by a simple refund request. 

Things that are technically rule breaks should be punished accordingly, as per administrator determination. It isn't your place to make the determination whether it is deserving of punishment or not. That's what administrators are for. I do not agree that we should be more understanding when it comes to mistakes regarding deathmatching. This is exactly what leads to a server/community where shootings are the first solution to every conflict. Because hey, if you shoot the wrong guy, it doesn't matter right?

3 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

Things that are technically rule breaks should be punished accordingly, as per administrator determination. It isn't your place to make the determination whether it is deserving of punishment or not. That's what administrators are for. I do not agree that we should be more understanding when it comes to mistakes regarding deathmatching. This is exactly what leads to a server/community where shootings are the first solution to every conflict. Because hey, if you shoot the wrong guy, it doesn't matter right?

It literally is in your hands though. The report guidelines state very clearly that reports are reserved for cases that can't be resolved without admin intervetion, and IG rules state that you cannot void things on your own. On LSRP it was allowed so you could literally just refund the person and agree to self-void it and it'd be no big deal. I don't really know what's the point in escalating such petty things into major reports. It literally saves the hassle both on the administrative side and on the player's side. 

Of course this shouldn't apply for major rulebreaks where only one side is pushing for a void, but in situations where both parties involved genuinely don't care and want to void it and move on, it should be fully allowed. 

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
8 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Say I shoot somebody and it's a case of mistaken identity. The victims PMs me in game and we speak about it. I apologize to them and admit that I fucked up. We agree that the victim will put up a report for a void; why bother punishing me for a genuine mistake? This is only one of the multiple situations where this can be applied, but I genuinely believe we should be more understanding when it comes to genuine mistakes (that are technically rulebreaks) but at the end of the day can be solved by a simple refund request. 

I'd agree with you, except every report like this I've read are shoot-outs involving multiple people. And it's always things like poor escalation and poor portrayal. I'm not saying there should never be a void due to mutual agreement but talking about the current trend where there are more and more of them. 

Let players discuss and resolve issues between themselves if they can. It's in the collaborative spirit of this game, and it spares either party having to wait three months for a staff member to even begin looking at their report. 

• Upvote 3
2 minutes ago, Perstephone said:

I'd agree with you, except every report like this I've read are shoot-outs involving multiple people. And it's always things like poor escalation and poor portrayal. I'm not saying there should never be a void due to mutual agreement but talking about the current trend where there are more and more of them. 

But then again if they're able to RECOGNIZE the fact that what they did was stupid and unrealistic — isn't this the point? If someone genuinely believes that they didn't do anything wrong, that's punishment worthy. If both sides involved (regardless of the number of people involved, say it's a gang v. gang scenario) recognize their wrongs, I see no harm in allowing them to void it.

3 minutes ago, Resick said:

or let me word it this way, why and how does it bother or harm you in any way?

Because it makes it easier for players that break the rules to avoid punishment. This degrades the quality of the overall community.

• Upvote 2
Just now, mj2002 said:

Because it makes it easier for players that break the rules to avoid punishment. This degrades the quality of the overall community.

How so? How does admitting your wrongs and apologizing for them degrade the quality of the overall community? Sounds like you want this server to be more of a gulag than a fun and enjoyable environment for people.