feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

8 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

Also, I'll push out a PM update within the next couple of days (hopefully) to try and persuade more to open businesses.

Can't you just allow people to obtain businesses that are evidently abandoned? Say somebody notices a MAPPED and SCRIPTED business that they haven't seen open in ages, they shoot somebody from PM a message inquiring about it, and if its confirmed to be inactive - the business is handed away to the person who shown interest? This would literally allow so many people to get businesses without jumping through 30213129329 hoops and contribute to quality roleplay.

• Thanks 1
Just now, i dont wanna od in LA said:

Can't you just allow people to obtain businesses that are evidently abandoned? Say somebody notices a MAPPED and SCRIPTED business that they haven't seen open in ages, they shoot somebody from PM a message inquiring about it, and if its confirmed to be inactive - the business is handed away to the person who shown interest? This would literally allow so many people to get businesses without jumping through 30213129329 hoops and contribute to quality roleplay.

Hmm.. It would give more of an incentive to report inactive properties. 

So, if you fill out an inactivity report to acquire said property, we can go through your character's assets and you guys can get us a quick request of why it makes sense/financials/background story? 

Or would you rather us just give you the property? I don't think this would be able to work with businesses in all fairness. 

3 minutes ago, Wuhtah said:

So, if you fill out an inactivity report to acquire said property, we can go through your character's assets and you guys can get us a quick request of why it makes sense/financials/background story? 

This would make perfect sense. Trust me, most people on this thread (aka those who are directly involved with illegal factions) don't care about making script money, they just don't wanna jump through a shitton of hoops (like myself), they simply want to obtain a quality hangout spot to create and facilitate roleplay, instead of standing on the street 24/7 or utilizing residential properties. You could most likely impose some additional restrictions surrounding this as well, i.e. you can't change the business type or delete the interior (if it's custom). 

Edited by i dont wanna od in LA
  • Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1

It’s an unpopular opinion for this topic, but not going lie… I kinda like the unique and “different” cafe or bar interiors and stuff that people come up with.

The cafe being discussed is the initial topic has one of the most beautiful interiors I’ve ever seen. Yes, it’s not very realistic as very few cafes in real life have the budget to decor the place like that, but at the end of the day… I like the look. I like the nature vibes of the interior. If that cafe existed in real life, I’d go there in a heartbeat. I dunno why everyone seems to want plain and boring businesses with generic interiors. I like the uniqueness.

Okay, maybe not every business should look like it came out of a fantasy RPG. But one here and there is fine in my opinion. At the end of the day, we’re playing a game here. It’s not bad to cross the line a bit and have some fun with unique concepts and themes for interiors.

3 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

This would make perfect sense. Trust me, most people on this thread (aka those who are directly involved with illegal factions) don't care about making script money, they just don't wanna jump through a shitton of hoops (like myself), they simply want to obtain a quality hangout spot to create and facilitate roleplay, instead of standing on the street 24/7 or utilizing residential properties. You could most likely impose some additional restrictions surrounding this as well, i.e. you can't change the business type or delete the interior (if it's custom). 

Hmm, it would fall under a semi-leased business too then. I like this idea a lot because I truly hate the hoops you guys have to jump through. I'll present the idea to the team and see their thoughts on it. Thank you for the feedback/constructive criticism! 

• Upvote 5

id like to see more extent for business owners that would allow them to change the bracket of their business, right now if you've got a particular business, it has to remain a particular business, more leeway in movals/shop changes would prompt a response to creating more immersive and low-end businesses

i previously had an irish bar in hawick, i wanted to move it to cyprus flats to portray a more low-end 'dive bar' and it was denied because the new request "wasn't an irish bar"

giving players more freedom would incentivize these business models

but yes the cafe in the OP looks like central park wtf

3 minutes ago, Chuckles said:

id like to see more extent for business owners that would allow them to change the bracket of their business, right now if you've got a particular business, it has to remain a particular business, more leeway in movals/shop changes would prompt a response to creating more immersive and low-end businesses

i previously had an irish bar in hawick, i wanted to move it to cyprus flats to portray a more low-end 'dive bar' and it was denied because the new request "wasn't an irish bar"

giving players more freedom would incentivize these business models

but yes the cafe in the OP looks like central park wtf

Could I ask when you got denied for this? And ... could I also have your move request number? Just to look over! 

More leeway in concept changes in general? Issue with this is that people want to go from... some sneaker store to a stripclub and don't give from X to Y development of why tf they go from selling sneakers to wanting to own a stripclub.

As of right now, every move is pretty much accepted except for a select few. 

• Upvote 2

I think a lot of it has to do with people (namely business owners) who do not want to experience the ups and downs, confrontations, trouble and turmoil that an "average joe" type bar or business brings. If you open up a dive bar that obviously caters to the lower to middle class (both legal / illegal / whatever), it's going to come with a certain stigma. It's more than likely you're going to have a fight or two or several, extortion attempts, the massive problem of improper escalation leading to someone getting shot every time you open, etc. A lot of players simply don't want to deal with it and I wish more of them were mentally equipped to handle it. It does indeed get tiring that you open a business and it ends up closing down because someone wants to start shit for no reason. If people could be more level headed when they enter the business, I think more people would be inclined to take this avenue of business role play. Instead people wall it off with luxury to try and keep all that out, which doesn't always work regardless.

To be clear --- I'm all for opening a low income, dive bar / trashy business. I'm just stating the reality of our current server sentiment of a lot of players.

Edited by Streetsy
  • Upvote 3

i just struggle to believe that business owners have it THAT bad with criminals on this server.

there are relatively few criminals

the admin team teeeends to favour civilian rpers

jail times are huge

SD/PD have so many options at their disposal to catch people

im fairly sure u cant even extort a business if its out of ur 'turf'

• Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic