feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

1 minute ago, Storm said:

I kind of get this tbh. As someone who primarily focuses in law enforcement rp (something that barely gets you by in LA!) i'd like some more businesses aimed at mid/low income people rather than over done.

off topic:

@Valkyria the return some day???

Maybe we should make a transition some time in the future...

It's all about providing quality bakery roleplay.

5 minutes ago, Tony White said:

I don't exactly blame them, I stay away from illegal rpers tooo because it's not worth it. You get reported 84 times when u rp with them and it all turns into a ooc discord fuck fest. both sides are in the wrong but i think the lack of diversity ig with businesses is because of the old pm. they never gave out businesses to people unless they knew them OOC, and that's why we see the same businesses being ran over and over again 

Personally you just got to know which illegal roleplayers to roleplay with because let’s be honest when “noobs” join they want to be in a gang or shoot that’s their purpose but that’s not the image you should give illegal roleplayers there’s still illegal roleplayers who rp WAY better than legal roleplayers but I totally agree with business statement.

Edited by Khadzz
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Khadzz said:

Personally you just got to know which illegal roleplayers to roleplay with because let’s be honest when “noobs” join they want to be in a gang or shoot that’s their purpose but that’s not the image you should give illegal roleplayers there’s still illegal roleplayers who rp WAY better than legal roleplayers but I totally agree with business statement.

I know dude but it's always a new report or someone crying because t hey couldn't win and then IFM would appease to these cry babies and shut factions down. How is the server meant to get better if new people ain't allowed to make factions? It's the same old people, running the same old things... 

an unpopular opinion is that low and mid-income businesses will only open and stay open once you actually decide to work in them

i get it, you dont think that roleplaying making coffee or flipping burgers is fun. i get it, cleaning tables isnt fun and that isnt engaging roleplay unless you're being pressed into it for the benefit of a group, faction or clique but holy fuck, dont say these businesses are rare when no fitting character wants to pick a hustle working there.

a person dealing with server bureaucracy and justifying every cent in their character's accounts to get the business, donating every month to be able to post ads, has donated for object slots to painstakingly map their venue over a few weeks/paid a mapper to do so on their behalf, only to then have to figure out a team of roleplayers willing to work an unglamorous and repetitive job for 4k/hr is difficult as is. they gotta deal with local politicking on the street they're on too, unofficial groups crossing the map on very poor extortion attempts (this has happened. you don't do it, but in 10 openings, one instance is enough to leave a sour taste in your mouth. even if the people doing it do not belong in the area) and now people complain that the business the owner begged pm for, either to develop from scratch or to be granted custody of, isn't catering to their characters showing up in full hood uniform is a bit garbage.

the real question lies in why popular businesses that used to exist in those areas (davis had a mexican food spot that was really popular, i remember. close to adam's apple, opposite of the vanilla unicorn. vespucci had white widow and a bunch of other spots; a dispensary, a convenience store, etc) dont open anymore, or do so rarely. if that gets answered, you'll know why the only businesses that appear to be opening on a consistent basis are the high-class ones and the ocg-ran venues

• Upvote 8
  • Wuhtah locked this topic