feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

1 hour ago, croozerdog said:

I'll keep saying it and it has prolly been said on this thread, by me lmao;

It's the economy - don't give people a quarter of a million for just being online, don´t pay 4k an hour for every simple scriptjob. It's too much.
If the number didn't go up so quickly I dare to say that a lot more people would rp poor or well-off. I know that for a fact because I've played on a roleplay server with a sort of normal economy with roughly the same rp standards.

People on GTAW keep saying that money shouldn´t limit roleplay. I think it should? We're roleplaying an American city, not upper class Dubai. You can have serious quality roleplay without involving your Elegy and a 500$ glass of vodka.

There would be a lot more reasons for (criminal) factions to do stuff if you actually need to make some money on this server.

Hate people driving fancy, fully modded rice cars everywhere? Fix the economy.
Hate people hording stats and properties? Fix the economy.
Hate the British? Me too.

I rped on a server, where you started with nothing. Wasnt hard to get to the top, if you roleplayed a char actually trying to make a living.

14 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

People keep repeating this, but none of them offer a sliver of a solution for to the supposed problems with the economy. You can't just fix the economy. All you're doing is providing a brief glance at how you want a specific outcome of GTAW's economic system to look like, without looking at the entire picture. That's not a solution, its just fantasy.

There's been some proposals, they all cause people to lose stats in one way or another so people don't like those solutions. I'm on the side of a complete reset since prices are extremely out of whack, too much to patch it up.

1 minute ago, Engelbert said:

I rped on a server, where you started with nothing. Wasnt hard to get to the top, if you roleplayed a char actually trying to make a living.

Which server was that? I've had the same and it makes it really frustrating seeing people say it's impossible haha

1 minute ago, croozerdog said:

There's been some proposals, they all cause people to lose stats in one way or another so people don't like those solutions. I'm on the side of a complete reset since prices are extremely out of whack, too much to patch it up.

There haven't been any proper proposals at all. Only suggestions to adjust specific issues, none of which take the grand scheme into account. This basically pointless because that just leads to problems elsewhere. 

A complete reset is possible, though I can already tell you it is exceptionally unlikely to happen within the next few years. Even then, whats the point of a reset if you have no comprehensive plan to actually make changes? You'll just have the same problems all over again.

9 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

There haven't been any proper proposals at all. Only suggestions to adjust specific issues, none of which take the grand scheme into account. This basically pointless because that just leads to problems elsewhere. 

A complete reset is possible, though I can already tell you it is exceptionally unlikely to happen within the next few years. Even then, whats the point of a reset if you have no comprehensive plan to actually make changes? You'll just have the same problems all over again.

Since there's a lot of players from old San Andreas roleplay servers or even gta 5 roleplay servers with not perfect, but better economies, we could learn from them. Some of the staff team is from the old community I was from.
I guess the easiest way to find a balance is looking at other games, rp or not, that have an engaging online economy. I agree that it's extremely hard for an already established community, but I'd like to at least see something change, maybe start with not giving every new character 200k. A server I played on found a midway between having nothing and too much by giving every new player a token for a mid-class house and mid-class car. Meaning people will get a simple apartment and a mid-range car for free to kickstart their rp, avoiding the annoying RPG job grind but also making it an actual accomplishment to eventually get a higher end car or house.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic