feeling totally out of place as an average joe/criminal character

Gallagher

I really love small places that give that local vibe but instead people just build massive interiors and it feels like they just do it to tank your fps with the amount of shit they put in it. 

PM is really the people for the job since properties are there thing but I agree, it’s pretty hard to just find a place for regular people. I’d argue certain organized crime groups and Asian factions have it way easier for business as fronts since KTown and Chinatown are established. 

Street gangs have it a little bit rougher cause keeping a casual business open like a corner store or a food place in South LS is like a magnet for someone to get popped. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was just brawls but nah. The last time I went down to South LS on a character casually at a food spot was open, it got shot up within 5 mins of me being there 😭😭😭

There is still a ridiculous amount of businesses that never open and strip the capability of others to use them without going through an ardently long process to get something mapped or some competitive app process for some pre-set building that only comes out once in a blue moon.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ZaE said:

this isnt trivial this is a genuine issue.

the server feels like a parody of america lol, u walk into a business thats inna middle of bumfuck egypt and it has a five star dining restaurant interior 

On that I can agree. We have lot of businesses, that are closed for ages. Instead of new ones, we should try and recycle those first.

Edited by Engelbert
1 hour ago, Gallagher said:

where exactly am i meant to go to interact with average joe's or characters with some criminal affiliation? 

As Vergniaud said:

The revolution eats its own children.

Low and Middle class characters trying to operate businesses -assuming pm grants it- almost always fail due to the multitude of "characters with some criminal affiliation" seeking targets 24/7 in our city.

The businesses that survive long term are either faction affiliated to maintain their security, or indeed ran by "wealthy, high end characters" who use their resources as means to protect their business operations, typically by hiring guards, paying off local crime networks or doing both.

This is an incredibly unpopular topic as the whole pm scheme tries to proclaim money is not as relevant- but as soon as you've spent your starter money on leasing fees only to realize your openings constantly get robbed , and/or the local mafia/gang just waited for someone to open to extort, you might suddenly find out money does matter ic (opposed to all you've been told before), simply as you run out of it and someone still wants more...

Summa summarum, the problem described by you is caused by an over-presence of criminals in the target audience mostly, against whom low wealth characters just typically (and realistically) have not many means to fight back against.

Consequence, their businesses ultimately tend to last less long.

Again money here is a factor too of course: If my character is rich I can operate a business "for the rp" even if it effectively costs money.

If my character isn't, and fails to make profit, well, I'll be glad people like the rp but ic I'll still have to close.

5 minutes ago, Engelbert said:

On that I can agree. We have lot of businesses, that are closed for ages. Instead of new ones, we should try and recycle those first.

This is a super tricky issue.

Removing someone's place is just something pm is reluctant to do for apparent reasons (it pisses people off).

Furthermore, there's often no immediate benefit in it:

Effectively stripping an inactive business of a likely inactive character, won't just open a new one we can then visit ingame.

Consequently, that is not a main priority of pm.

Of course, there is downsides with this system:

I'd urge pm for instance to not take the total number of bars&nightclubs player characters own in account.

It does not reflect how many open ingame.

In fact I'd argue we sincerely lack bars&clubs, wednesday night typically NO club opens.

So obviously just that a handful of people OWN them does not do the trick.

Going with what I said above:

More is More.

Best thing pm can do is to encourage more people to try business (also and specially on the low scale), let them fail ic and those who can find dealings with their local population survive.

Could.. you give me the name of that business .. So I could talk to them about the mapping.. thanks.

Also, I'll push out a PM update within the next couple of days (hopefully) to try and persuade more to open businesses.

Edited by Wuhtah
  • Upvote 8
1 minute ago, Wuhtah said:

Could.. you give me the name of that business .. So I could talk to them about the mapping.. thanks.

Also, I'll push out a PM update within the next couple of days (hopefully) to try and persuade more to open businesses.

Ground and Pound in Mission Row.

• Thanks 1

No one reported the interior, I promise you, it's super easy to just drop a name of a business for an interior that needs to be looked at. It doesn't require much. So PLEASE - help us out since there are over 9000 properties lol.

• Applaud 1

ok thanks wuhtah - can we now move the topic towards what we can do to create more businesses for average joe's. maybe work out why there are so few as is. 

if you've attempted to create a business like this and it hasn't been successful, explain why 

Edited by Gallagher
  • Upvote 2
  • Wuhtah locked this topic