New economy update : QoL improvements?

Nervous

Tbh. Checks?

You can write out a check for X amount and the person can then go to a NPC bank and maybe /cashcheck number and recieve the money and have it taken from the persons account? Bank transfers in the US isn't really that direct unless we in the lore all have the same single bank.

Just wanted to drop a thanks for the quick fix.

Idea to update payment for businesses is very good in general, however the end consumer was the one constantly struggling with the numbers- and for me this detail, while possibly realistic in some aspects, was just that tad too much in simulation (and I normally like heavy simulation 😁).

Names are simply more convenient to use as they're displayed by default. The idea to reduce metagaming by avoiding the use of character names is just not gonna work out - in fact it encourages much more metagaming, from exchanging numbers ooc to handle ic transactions, up to (long term) associating numbers with characters one regularly deals with.

Needless to point out, I don't have my business partners' bank account details ready at hand irl, no matter if I deal with them personally and know them by name, or they sit somewhere else in an office and are a nameless/anonymous mail correspondent. Nor do I learn it when I pay by card (I could possibly look up where my money went, but do I regularly do it unless someone complains their money didn't come? Exactly).

tl;dr,

reintroducing pay-to-name should fix this issue as it's a more handy way to go.

2 hours ago, Nervous said:

It should already work, you just need to be on shift.

The problem is that my workers are not "on shift", since there is no script where the events that my business organizes take place. Would be nice if the card reader was an actual ingame object, that the owner can tie to an account.

Edited by GamingNinjaSheep

It would be nice to be able to register a second bank account if you own a business without a business script (like being an attorney, or my maritime business). Right now everything goes through personal accounts and that normally would be a huge red flag with the IRS.

Having the abillity to have 1 business account without any requirements apart from a business registration would be great.

Unless I read the update wrong money you make via /sellfish goes to your money in hand? (If someone can correct me on this feel free but the wording isn't too clear) Imho this isn't realistic and also places fisherman at an unfair disadvantage as they have to have thousands of $ of cash in hand until they can get to the bank, which when you're cruising along at 18-19mph can take a while lol. This just isn't realistic imo. When fish are sold to markets in bulk irl, it gets paid into bank accounts due to the quantity and because the facility just doesn't have that kind of cash in hand. It should be no different here.

Edited by Moonsong

As soon as the UCP updates for business accounts and stuff, it'll be great!

Struggling right now with our payments needing extra confirmation because we can't track if a payment has been made into our business account. Maybe showing in the Logs on /bmanager EVERY bit of money that went into the business - not just employees/staff?

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, lux said:

Struggling right now with our payments needing extra confirmation because we can't track if a payment has been made into our business account. Maybe showing in the Logs on /bmanager EVERY bit of money that went into the business - not just employees/staff?

While not having tried in an opening myself this I've heard from everyone who did, and have seen from end customer pov- there's indeed no chat message about such payings passing through, adding extra control steps to check up if someone paid.

Keeping track through observing the cashbox/business bank meets its borders when several staffers receive payments independently from each other- such as in every single nightclub where you get entry money and bar money.

16 hours ago, nwah_ said:

I think having routing numbers is a big hassle. Compared to the old /banktransfer (amount) (firstname) (lastname) system, it just feels really clunky to have to ask for a routing number now. It was fine before imo. All the business bank stuff is rather annoying too, as far as I know there's no way to take money from a business bank as cash, even though it'd have more potential for RP with business owners having to carry their money to the bank (could set up some well thought out robberies with this). 

16 hours ago, nwah_ said:

I think having routing numbers is a big hassle. Compared to the old /banktransfer (amount) (firstname) (lastname) system, it just feels really clunky to have to ask for a routing number now. It was fine before imo. All the business bank stuff is rather annoying too, as far as I know there's no way to take money from a business bank as cash, even though it'd have more potential for RP with business owners having to carry their money to the bank (could set up some well thought out robberies with this). 

I partly agree. It's more realistic but it's a detail that helps as much as it annoys people.

The last thing we need, though, is more robberies. As if robbing people wasn't enough, add to that scouting out businesses at closing time and rob the owners. It'd be the new extortion epidemic. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic