New economy update : QoL improvements?

Nervous

9 hours ago, NickXI said:

I'd like to see the ability to create bank accounts, rather than just having a single one.

This. It would also give people and businesses the option to have multiple accounts or none.

Until that is possible, make it so that under 18 characters don't have a bank account (or whatever the limit is), just cash.

Also, being able to choose between a debit and a credit account. For a credit account, you'd be given a limit that you could borrow and get in debt for. Once you do that, your account will be below 0 and the amount owed should use a (low) hourly compound interest. If you don't pay your debt in a specific amount of time, you'll be flagged and subject to either an asset seizure by the courts/law enforcement or an arrest. I think this would bring some pretty cool financial RP to the server. 

The amount you're granted can depend on your current assets (say, 10-20%). The time limit would be fixed for everyone, and would depend on hours played rather than a set amou t of time, so that no one feels like they have to play - say, 40-60 hours are granted until your debt has to be fully paid. 

If someone namechanges with an active debt, that debt will stay (just like assets stay otherwise). If someone has an active debt, they can't request an asset transfer from that char to another. 

Edited by Mahitto
8 hours ago, liq said:

A banking app on /phone to help with different options. Alternatively, revising the new menus to already include a "pay cash/bank" option, or the ability to preset whether to pay with cash or pay with a credit card.

Banking app is coming very soon!

• Upvote 1
46 minutes ago, GamingNinjaSheep said:

Make the /bpay command work outside the business also. I can't use /bpay in my business because the business script is in an office in the city, but we would realistically have card readers with us, instead of requiring people to /transfer to the business' bank account.

It should already work, you just need to be on shift.

10 hours ago, Fenris said:

Directory of common bank accounts (Which I believe is coming or in the making of), maybe a UI where you can save peoples routing numbers for ease of access? For instance people you regularly pay to, you'd have to note the number down somewhere (or check logs) just to find it.

Oh and JOINT accounts, especially if you're married IC and use the partnership script. Makes paying stuff jointly so much easier instead of one person sending a large amount to the other. This can then bring more RP for the courts upon divorces.

Multiple accounts will come in the future, for now we're focusing on making all the current changes work.

Edited by Nervous
  • Upvote 1

- Being able to send bantransfers without smartphones, for example, going to an ATM/bank.

- Anonymize bank accounts, if I give my routing number I don't want my name to be magically displayed, I don't wanna people doing MG.

Edited by Jennie

The routing numbers are too long and cause roleplay to pause for a moment while you're faffing around trying to put in the number. The system is great for businesses but if you have things like taco trucks, market stalls, and so on so forth it becomes a burden because they don't have startshift for /bpay. People have to either PM you their number or put it on a CIM, which in theory is okay but in heavy roleplay situations like markets, when the surrounding roleplay eats up your own PMs it can just be more hassle than it's worth. IMO it was easier and less of a process to pay someone using part of their name or ID. 

Edited by Miserabelle
  • Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Nervous said:

Multiple accounts will come in the future, for now we're focusing on making all the current changes work.

I think that any business that has any script should use /bpay, just tweak that command a bit to something like:

/bpay [cash/card] [amount] [target] - allow useage by all employees.

the customer does: /acceptbpay confirm

Will simplify payments to business, regarding transfers I believe the transfer should be changed to allow using firstname lastname or their in-game ragemp client id to pay if you're transferring money to a person, it will just automatically log the movement using the persons iban instead of using a long iban number.

Like:

/transfer [amount] [routing/firstname lastname/playerid] [note (optional)] - if name or player id use, it will route via iban number.

10 hours ago, GambloTwitch said:

Bartenders in clubs/bar have to pay for the drinks to be made with the bar script.

When someone pays them IG, the money go to the business bank.

Basically, now bartenders have to invest their own money into the RP or they need to calculate how much they spend for drinks to be refunded by the property.

This is slow and bad.

I've seen already clubs putting CIMs in front of bartenders that want us to bank transfer to them to pay our drinks.

Today bartenders will directly receive money from /bpay.

• Thanks 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic