Damage modifier when fighting underage characters

Snoot

Only problem I see with this is - I personally don't know if GTA W has a system for changing your character's age. I like to occassionally time-skip, and even though I haven't made underage characters after I stopped being underage myself - others who do create underage characters may want to roleplay them growing up into a full adult, but not nessesarily spend years on this development.

Time-skipping is a thing that has been an acceptable way to roleplay, prime example being with prison sentences, so if this is implemented - people should be allowed to change their age. Maybe limit it so they can only change their age up, unless they are name-changing - to avoid teens cranking up their age just to buff their damage temporarily.

Edited by UseroneGaming
wrong word

Just like the whole cat ears orderall, this is fighting symptoms, but not the actual problem at hand of people roleplaying underage only when it is convenient for them.

Your average 6'4 buff (He is built differently) 14 y/o who has little emotions and is the tough guy on the block. After shooting at cops with perfect aim and getting killed themselves, they throw out a /me is 14 years old.

Besides the problem of implementing a system that targets a group of individuals based on a value that can be edited in a matter of 1 minute (/Attributes) outside of "voluntary" options ('Is your character underage? Yes/No') that can be opt out, this changes little on the target group of people portraying their underage character unrealistically. What is a tweak of numbers in a fist fight change in the individuals mindset? Correct, always use a baseball bat, knuckle dusters or knife to circumvent the script limitations.

Edited by orca112

Not supporting.

Not everyone is built the same in a realistic world. It's just fact. Just because you're an adult, doesn't mean you'll easily destroy a teenager in a fight. It's actually very possible for a teenager to workout and have more strength to be able to take down an adult no problem. Not all adults are big and strong and can easily overpower a teenager. Not every teenager is a scrawny skinny kid who can't throw a decent punch. 

Unfortunately, there's no real good solution for this. A potential solution is to just have people stop doing actual fighting in fight RP. Instead of just mindlessly mashing the left click button at each other during a fight, people should RP each attack and stuff through text. It would make things a lot more detailed as you can specify what your character is doing to the opponent. Players can purposely portray their characters at being bad fighters through text, instead of just standing still in a hands on fight to purposely do no damage. Maybe you can also flip a coin to have rng determine who ends up winning the fight, and then just RP'ing that to happen.

Most fights on the server now are just... mashing left click at your opponent. Whoever attacks first usually ends up winning because the fighting starts suddenly without warning, usually during a conversation where one person is trying to type. Sometimes, people don't fight back right away, thinking the initial attack is a misclick. There's no RP or anything. People just mindlessly throw punches at each other until one person is wounded. People who have characters who realistically can't fight are fighting back anyways due to the adrenaline in the heat of the moment. It's just a mess. I personally think switching to a text-based fighting system would be better.

Edited by ScarletRose
51 minutes ago, UseroneGaming said:

Only problem I see with this is - I personally don't know if GTA W has a system for changing your character's age. I like to occassionally time-skip, and even though I haven't made underage characters after I stopped being underage myself - others who do create underage characters may want to roleplay them growing up into a full adult, but not nessesarily spend years on this development.

Time-skipping is a thing that has been an acceptable way to roleplay, prime example being with prison sentences, so if this is implemented - people should be allowed to change their age. Maybe limit it so they can only change their age up, unless they are name-changing - to avoid teens cranking up their age just to buff their damage temporarily.

That's the case currently, you can only age up in your attributes.

55 minutes ago, orca112 said:

a value that can be edited in a matter of 1 minute (/Attributes) 

attributes only allow you to age up, not down again after

someone uses an older age to gain advantage and perhaps puts a different age down in their attribute description? PG

56 minutes ago, orca112 said:

Correct, always use a baseball bat, knuckle dusters or knife to circumvent the script limitations.

Cool, go ahead. Would love to see more usage of meelee weapons in brawls, going at eachother with bats and shit sounds dope

49 minutes ago, ScarletRose said:

people should RP each attack and stuff through text

Trust me, nobody wants that! RP fights are boring and drawn out and will just result in loads of /me dodges. I come from a different game where that was the case and it's dead boring, plus drawing fights out into oblivion would mess with the timescale of police response even more

i dont mind generalizing this for kids, women and old people. if those characters have a way to prove themselves through rp for those who need it I guess... But then it will probably be more overhead for admins, which is not a great solution.

note: My characters are not fighters, i've never been in a proper rp fight, I just run.

• Red. locked this topic