Damage modifier when fighting underage characters

Snoot

+1

people rp 12-17 year olds as adults far too much, why this script sounds like a good idea is beyond me but it does. let it happen. folks turn it into a meta and abuse it? report them. but i dont see how it can be abused considering that pulling any weapon escalates most brawls into shootouts anyways

Big +1 to this.

Think this is a great idea that may not even be going far enough. Could easily slightly expand this to include characters of advanced age as well. Yeah, I know that's not as much of a problem, but it could be done with the same mechanic this would add.

Someone suggested it be added for women too. While I don't quite agree with this. Should that be put in place, a change could be made to make up for it. Make them run a bit faster maybe.

2 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

I support this. Nobody is forcing anyone to make child characters, so nobody is required to adopt these drawbacks.

If anything, it ensures only quality roleplayers with a preference for realism will assume a younger age, as they'll be prioritizing IC roleplay over OOC script benefits.

+1

Massively in agreement with this statement here.

Edited by Scorch

Lol what? Add damage modifiers to people who are too old too.

Nah but an eighteen, seventeen, and some sixteen year old kids can definitely take on young adults in the mid-20s. With a suggestion like this, you completely ignore every characters background and story and struggles for script damage modifiers. Should Larry the desk slave of an insurance company be able to take out a seventeen year old kid who actively participates in boxing at his local gym? Probably not. 

Context kinda matters. You can't just say that every seventeen year old would lose every fight to every 18 - 20 year old. If you find yourself in a situation where you're 25 years old, and you're fighting a 16 year old kid, and they want to script fight and not roleplay their age and limits, that's just the definition of power gaming and you should try to speak to them or just take it to a report.

On 5/18/2021 at 10:58 AM, Smilesville said:

Or we could just.

You know.

Set the minimum character age to 18, because of how violent the server is.

Honestly don't understand the fetish with involving children in gang violence.

Disallow players to be under 18. 

Disallow characters to be under 18.

Solve powergaming with enforcement.

If you choose to allow underage characters, deal with them being as strong as it's just a game with only adult player models. They're meant to roleplay appropriately, if they don't: enforcement. Script fights don't need a change, just roleplay fight instead.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Nah but an eighteen, seventeen, and some sixteen year old kids can definitely take on young adults in the mid-20s.

With this script, they still can. They'll just need to actually be as good as those rare examples of teens who have overpowered adults.

51 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

We all get that you mallrats can't stand gang roleplayers but maybe it's time to drop that us vs them mentality and be a little bit more mature than that.

Where does my post show any 'us vs them' mentality? What are you on? Funny you used the term mature by the way, that was my point, and still is.

Just now, Triple Seven said:

Where does my post show any 'us vs them' mentality? What are you on? Funny you used the term mature by the way, that was my point, and still is.

What's wrong with characters under 18? Your posts make no sense. You want to scrap a huge part of gang roleplay (if not nearly the entirety of it) just because you don't like them? Or maybe it's something else? 

49 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

What's wrong with characters under 18? Your posts make no sense. You want to scrap a huge part of gang roleplay (if not nearly the entirety of it) just because you don't like them? Or maybe it's something else? 

You're putting words in my mouth that I never ever uttered, including an attitude I never assumed but you yourself did. No I don't want gang roleplay gone, I also do not believe underage characters are necessary for it, there's plenty of concessions to realism on the server, this could simply be one, considering the age rating of the game and that the server should have in my opinion (which I'm entitled to by the way, just like you are to yours).

Let's keep to the suggestion, I'm not interested in derailing this topic any further due to your aggressive and bad interpretation of what I commented.

47 minutes ago, i dont wanna od in LA said:

I think there are enough instances of pedophilia rearing its ugly head for us to seriously consider it, no?

I also find it hilarious you'd say a huge part of gang RP revolves around minors.

• Red. locked this topic