Turn rain chances UP again

Kappaurel

I don’t get this mentality of being unable to control one thing, therefore, we must not touch or be able to do anything with this other thing.

So what if the crime rate of this server is incomparable to real life California? This is a game. We cannot control that, otherwise we are limiting people’s scope of role play. Something such as the weather IS something we can control, therefore, as per the continuity of San Andreas being a replacement of California, we should strive to achieve that. Games are meant to be immersive. I don’t feel immersed when it’s pissing down with rain every few days in the midst of Spring/early Summer in an area that is meant to be a portrayal and or a replacement of California.

Big no. There have been days where I’ve heard it rain on 3 separate occasions within that 24 hours, I don’t want an increase to that.

Edited by bonk
  • Applaud 1

I don’t get this mentality of being unable to control one thing, therefore, we must not touch or be able to do anything with this other thing.

This "mentality" thing you describe is nowhere near what has been expressed before.

Basically people who support this thread just enjoy the rainy atmosphere and do not mind to work around the lore to see it happen more often and appreciate the well animated different weathers on GTA (it's just a shame not to use them in my opinion but there is no way i can convince you to like them if you just... Don't).

And the people who don't enjoy rain just find excuses value way more having a climate and decorum adequate to real life Los Angeles. I tried my best to provide arguments to convince you guys to accept rain but the realism argument keeps coming and coming and coming like a wall and it's just a matter of individual sensibility about immersion and becomes a debate of opinions at this point where the staff will always have its final word. And i suppose it did already.

Edited by thelostart22
  • Wuhtah locked this topic