What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

7 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

I would not mind associating with shady people if it did not come with an increased risk of a random and unexpected CK.

If I'm being honest with you, regular civilians who are cool with shady people are generally safe from CK's. Nobody's gonna try to CK you for being friends with a gang member / mobster in character. Unless you do something to bring the CK upon your character.

9 hours ago, Garras Up said:

If I'm being honest with you, regular civilians who are cool with shady people are generally safe from CK's. Nobody's gonna try to CK you for being friends with a gang member / mobster in character. Unless you do something to bring the CK upon your character.

This. 

As long as you don't like go around flexing that "I'm protected my the modafockin' Italian mafia" you'll be just fine 

3 hours ago, Свето said:

This. 

As long as you don't like go around flexing that "I'm protected my the modafockin' Italian mafia" you'll be just fine 

So how does one find and socialize with such mafia types? Obviously it is not easy, as each additional relationship is possibly a No-Narc Nicky situation, but I am curious as to where to start.

3 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

So how does one find and socialize with such mafia types? Obviously it is not easy, as each additional relationship is possibly a No-Narc Nicky situation, but I am curious as to where to start.

I never had issues associating with criminals. My biggest pet peeve is, that thanks to various beefs and cleansing operations, majority of people my character knew, are dead. So I simply stopped associating with people I know, are gonna get CK'd at some point. Unrealistic? Not quite. I know many people who had problems with law irl. And only one of them is dead so far.

Edited by Engelbert
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, DasFroggy said:

Well considering we run dozens of businesses it's not that hard to find us.  If someone is coming in regularly and builds up a repertoire with us, we're most likely going to be kind in return. Now as for getting our help with something? Once you've built up that repertoire all you need to do is ask. You don't need a 100% confirmation that your dealing with the mob, you can simply and easily make the assumption after RPing around us for a little bit.

On 2/16/2021 at 6:33 PM, Henning said:

Come on now @Tedlets not lie to backup our arguments. OOC dealing is extremely problematic for the illegal community and the vast majority of people (Including suppliers) have gotten away with it, you and I know this because you and I both participated in it. Vulcar didn't get banned because he discussed selling guns, Vulcar got banned for trying to setup an OOC alliance to kill a faction off the server that was reporting him and his friends. I know this because I'm the one who caught him and got him banned for it.

I 100% agree with you that PD gets special treatment from members of staff, it's a problem and it has to stop. But lets not go ignoring the skeletons in our own closets, we can't put everything on PD sadly. If we want to see the illegal community get better, it's going to take a lot of the illegal community giving up their willingness to break rules just because "That's the way it is". Because sadly, that's the response you get when you talk to people behind closed doors about OOC deals. "That's the way it is bro, everyone does it" leaves most people with really no choice other then to go along with it. What other options do you have? Report it? That's what I did and I had randoms threatening me in my discord DM's (Shout out the dumb dumb hoodcall), people trying to kill me IG just to ruin my fun and people doxing my friends. 

The fact that GTAW illegal RPers consider reporting "Snitching" and then attempt to act hard about it over the internet makes me piss my pants laughing. But it also bums me out because as long as people hold this attitude and keep acting hard on the internet, nothing majors going to change in the servers illegal scene. It's just going to be the same level of mediocrity it's always been because people are too scared of ruining their online street cred to report any of the dumb shit that's blocking everything from moving forward.  

1. Ok buddy lets calm down the post had a good song attached to it smh smh

2. OOC dealing is harshly punished whenever revealed and litigated by the admin team, in regards to the Illegal Community. However, it is clear to many that OOC dealing is not an issue that only applies to the illegal community. Clearly, many LEO's, and often times, many legal rpers, collude OOC, and one may even say, OOC deal. However even when legal Rpers are being revealed to have worked with some of the most notorious metagamers in the illegal rp community to place a hit on someone, that is to say, ooc deal, and got a away with a small ajail specifically because they have been in PD, is a very questionable decision. 

3. Okay Henning calm down you're not exactly above mediocrity yourself. Obviously RP on the server, in the illegal rp community, and in general, can improve, and it will always be able to improve. But if you think that the quality of factions has gone down over the past year, rather than improved, it would then seem we live in different worlds. Some of, what the illegal rp community considers, the least good factions, often times have RP that could be portrayed as top tier if it were being posted last year. 

I think gangs are in an okay spot but yet I don't understand much about them. As for organized crime groups, they look more like wealthy businessmen who for some reason want to keep on dealing with illegal stuff as well and for no reason. I'm not saying that's what they intend to do, I'm saying that's how they look. Judging by interactions and casually visiting the faction threads. I might be wrong.

I'd also like to mention that, when I played SA Roleplay, I was more afraid to move around with money and overall goods, cause it had a high probability you'd jump into a bad encounter. 
Now no GTAV it's pretty quiet and I haven't deposited money since I can't remember. Not because I roleplay having them on me, but I've simply forgotten what is like to be scared of being robbed.
I think this phenomenon happens because the map of GTAV is quite big and it's easy to find roleplay while also avoiding bad areas where gangs could be located. On SA the map was smaller and conflict was closer in range.

Edited by Gambler
2 hours ago, Gambler said:

I'd also like to mention that, when I played SA Roleplay, I was more afraid to move around with money and overall goods, cause it had a high probability you'd jump into a bad encounter. 
Now no GTAV it's pretty quiet and I haven't deposited money since I can't remember. Not because I roleplay having them on me, but I've simply forgotten what is like to be scared of being robbed.
I think this phenomenon happens because the map of GTAV is quite big and it's easy to find roleplay while also avoiding bad areas where gangs could be located. On SA the map was smaller and conflict was closer in range.

I think it also depends on the jobs you do and what area you hang around.

For example, when I used to have a trucker character, since all the trucker profit is cash money people attempted to rob him so many times that I ended up getting a CCW just to defend myself. Some truckers are not so lucky and end up killed or have their profits stolen.

Also, I have a legal character that hangs around South LS and the first time I was just walking around two guys in a car came up and robbed me with a pump shotgun. The thing is with the $5000 robbery limit I don't really see it as a huge risk to get robbed, so if I was trucking all day and had $50,000 cash in my wallet I would be more inclined to just let you take $5000 than get my character killed. I know that they are trying to put credit cards in the game so when that happens the cash robbery limit really has to be removed.

Edited by icarusfeather

Drugs are difficult to move, guns are extremely rare, house break ins are immersion breaking, robberies are high risk and all stall, the rules are subjective when it comes to reasons for factions to DM, some faction leaders are difficult to communicate with and anyone not considering themselves an illegal RPer seems to have it out for people that do illegal RP. 

Can't say I've been around long enough to know much about OOC dealing claims but paying $40,000 for a gun had left something to be desired. If your weapon market can't manage street level gun dealers then it's likely that you've made guns scarce. 

I recall reading at the start of the year that 8 prominent official faction leaders were grouped together to discuss ways that the server can focus on improving illegal RP over the course of 2021. Also heard that discussed improvements were delayed until 1.1 is rolled out. Fingers are crossed that those improvements have a positive impact on the illegal RP scene.

• Upvote 1
  • Wuhtah locked this topic