What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP

Spartan

Alright, tittle says it all what is your opinion/thoughts  on illegal RP how can it be fixed/revamped and all of that. Lets keep it civil.
Personally when I started playing on GTA World I started as a Legal Roleplayer afterwards I stopped and tried for the first time illegal RP. It has gotten to a point where the drugs are fucked since there is very big supply and very low demand, guns are extremely overpriced and many more examples. Basically I want to read your opinions doesn't matter if you are a Legal or an Illegal RPer.

[Edit] And how do you think it could be improved? 

Edited by PaNYT
Fixing some sentences.
  • Thanks 1
  • Spartan changed the title to What is your opinion/thoughts on illegal RP
14 hours ago, Resident said:

Gun market and economy is in absolute shambles.

Big plus. I can't get the thought of the fact that guns cost 20 to up to a 100k out of my head. It's mind blowing. I appreciate a lot that this server takes realism and portrayal very seriously, but something like this hinders everyone's roleplay and capacity to doing so. To the point where looting became a thing, then the rules acted as a band aid to a leaking barrel. Weapons should be much more available if LS is in the US.

To put things into perspective, if I was in LS, where me selling a gun would net me a 10000% return on investment, you best believe me and the boys are gonna be out there day and night going across states buying or ordering weapons online and shipping them into LS for that delicious guap. (A glock costs ~$600 IRL vs ~$25000 in game, that's 410x the price, or 41000% ROI. That's just one example of a pistol being sold at a regular price in game. I've sold a pistol for $50000 before. Don't be too surprised).

The weapon industry alone in this game, if it were to be realistic, would be a maaaaaaaaajor black market economy. Not looting makes 0 IC sense. For $50,000? Yeah, sure. People have done waaaay worse for waaaay less. People, literally, murder each other for way less money. I understand that realism is the reason why that specific rule was set in place, and I agree, but this rule is like applying band aids to a dismembered leg.

Edit:

Fun fact, if you started off with $600, and bought one glock, netting $25,000, then bought glocks with said $25,000, and sold these, so  you only did  two runs worth and just sold 41 glocks total, you'd end up having $1,041,666. That's just literally one re-investment. It's incredible.

Edited by maramizo
410x the price, not 41x.

I think some things have gotten better. I think the introduction of unofficial factions and the rules surrounding them have curbed a lot of unrealistic escalations from new factions against established ones. There are a few really good projects that are really driving development forward which I like to see. But like always, it feels like illegal RP is running up against a wall. We changed the drug system slightly which added some shit but not enough to keep up with the demand for new content (No fault to the dev's, we have a huge illegal community).

I'd be interested in seeing more minor supplier roles added for more fraud RP. Some factions receive money for RPing installing card skimmers around town, it would be cool to see that same system implemented for other types of fraud just to give people more variety when it comes to making money. 

The biggest hurdle we need to overcome though is the drug and gun economy. There's little to no end users for drugs and the way guns are distributed leaves a lot to be desired. The high demand and such low supply limits the amount of RP that can be done surrounding the gun supplier role. It's really just become a defacto gun factory for major factions and prison cars with the majority of their monthly supply going direct to their own people. This would be perfectly fine if the smaller fish in the illegal community could obtain guns through other pipelines like theft or illegal purchase from a PF holder but they cant and there for they either have to be buddy buddy with a supplier (Which a lot of the times means OOCly as well) or live off the scraps that the subordinates of the supplier are willing to sell at an extremely high price.

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, maramizo said:

Big plus. I can't get the thought of the fact that guns cost 20 to up to a 100k. It's mind blowing. I appreciate a lot that this server takes realism and portrayal very seriously, but something like this hinders everyone's roleplay and capacity to doing so. To the point where looting became a thing, then the rules acted as a band aid to a leaking barrel. Weapons should be much more available if LS is in the US.

To put things into perspective, if I was in LS, where me selling a gun would net me a 10000% return on investment, you best believe me and the boys are gonna be out there day and night going across states buying or ordering weapons online and shipping them into LS for that delicious guap. (A glock costs ~$600 IRL vs ~$25000 in game, that's 41x the price, or 41000% ROI. That's just one example of a pistol being sold at a regular price in game. I've sold a pistol for $50000 before. Don't be too surprised).

The weapon industry alone in this game, if it were to be realistic, would be a maaaaaaaaajor black market economy. Not looting makes 0 IC sense. For $50,000? Yeah, sure. People have done waaaay worse for waaaay less. People, literally, murder each other for way less money. I understand that realism is the reason why that specific rule was set in place, and I agree, but this rule is like applying band aids to a dismembered leg.

Edit:

Fun fact, if you started off with $600, and bought one glock, netting $25,000, then bought glocks with said $25,000, and sold these, so  you only did  two runs worth and just sold 41 glocks total, you'd end up having $1,041,666. That's just literally one re-investment. It's incredible.

It's more profitable than selling organs at the black market 

• Upvote 1

I like RPing in an illegal faction, but it is clear that it is looked down upon by most of the GTAW community. There are certain rules that halt certain actions that should be possible, if a situation involving a report between LSPD vs an illegal factions nine and a half times out of ten LSPD will win. That isn't to say there are no positives, but there is just a lot of stuff that has to change. I also think we have been seeing a very big decline of illegal RPers around, I haven't been on the server too long but from what I have seen/heard there were a lot more people rping in Davis a couple of months ago, but maybe that is for the best. I've started to stop playing World as I see about 5-6 admin situations a day while I am trying to RP and it messes with my experience.

Edited by Barilambi
12 minutes ago, Barilambi said:

I like RPing in an illegal faction, but it is clear that it is looked down upon by most of the GTAW community. There are certain rules that halt certain actions that should be possible, if a situation involving a report between LSPD vs an illegal factions nine and a half times out of ten LSPD will win. That isn't to say there are no positives, but there is just a lot of stuff that has to change. I also think we have been seeing a very big decline of illegal RPers around, I haven't been on the server too long but from what I have seen/heard there were a lot more people rping in Davis a couple of months ago, but maybe that is for the best. I've started to stop playing World as I see about 5-6 admin situations a day while I am trying to RP and it messes with my experience.

This isn't a post for complaining about PD.
Also if PD wins most of times it means than you are getting outsmarted by them, considering how easy is to trick/evade the PD if you think it properly

1 minute ago, Xaleya said:

This isn't a post for complaining about PD.
Also if PD wins most of times it means than you are getting outsmarted by them, considering how easy is to trick/evade the PD if you think it properly

It's a post about illegal RP, which you can't really talk about without mentioning LSPD, and I didn't mean ICly I meant OOCly. Evading police in game is a different story entirely. 

• Wuhtah locked this topic